Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

His Name is Milton

Twinkie

Cavy Slave
Hello,

I am a new mommy to little cavy named Milton. Milton is possibly a cross between a silky and an andalusian. He is sable and black haired with a white unibrow and mohawk, and I hope to post photos soon.

I posted some questions in the General forum, and hope someone can provide me some insight, as I want to the best parent to my little buddy.

Thank you,

Twinkie:love:

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Welcome to GPC. I hope you learn more than you ever wanted to know about cavies around here.

There is no breed called andalusian but there is a breed called Abysinnian. Is that what he is?

Twinkie

Cavy Slave
Oh, goodness. I already feel shunned. Kind of feel already like a forum reject.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Oh, goodness. I already feel shunned. Kind of feel already like a forum reject.
Shunned? Seriously? She asked you a question to try and clarify what you meant since there's not anything known as an andalusian guinea pig.

Last edited:

Twinkie

Cavy Slave
No??? What??? You mistook my politeness at not being forum savvy as a sign of either weakness or aggression.

I have already been called out for typing thank you at the bottom of a message, saying the wrong things and now for trying to start an argument?

I had just tried this for the first time in hopes of gaining some insight into something I know very little about, and I already feel animosity about it. Obviously, this is not for me.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
No??? What??? You mistook my politeness at not being forum savvy as a sign of either weakness or aggression.
Politeness? You state you have an "andalusian guinea pig." Someone comes along and asks what you're talking about and you say you're "already" being shunned. That seems a great deal like someone looking for an argument to me. Especially since this is the second time you've mentioned it. Weakness? My goodness. Asking for clarification is neither shunning a person nor mistaking anything as "weakness." Good grief.

I have already been called out for typing thank you at the bottom of a message, saying the wrong things and now for trying to start an argument?
I'm betting that what you were "called out for" was adding a signature to your post. If you go check the rules it very clearly says not to do that - and you most certainly are not the only one who does it and gets a warning for it. Not sure what you mean about "saying the wrong things." And a person who accuses another of "shunning" them when they ask a question is either woefully sensitive or looking to argue.

I had just tried this for the first time in hopes of gaining some insight into something I know very little about, and I already feel animosity about it. Obviously, this is not for me.
If you can lose the attitude you will be able to learn a great deal here. Sit back take a deep breath, and come back again when you've calmed down.

Welcome to the forum. Take a few moments to read the rules and hopefully you can get past what you seem to feel is people treating you like the "forum reject" when all they're doing is asking you questions.

blessedbeingmom

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the boards!

Wheekie
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

NicholsS10

Cavy Slave
Welcome to GPC! I know that it can be overwhelming here at first, and I don't just mean with the information. Personally, I lurked around on the forum/website a lot before joining to get an idea of what it was like. When I decided to join I made sure to read up on what this forum stood for, and the rules. Personally, I agree with almost everything, but I still comply with those things I may not completely agree with because it is the wishes of the owner of this website, and because of how much this website has helped my guinea pigs and how much this website has expanded my knowledge of guinea pigs.

So, please stay and learn. Here is a link to forum rules, a little bit about what the forum is about, and the impaction/infraction system: https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/about-guinea-pigs/19823-members-another-must-read.html

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.