Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

New owner, not sure

guineagirlies

Cavy Slave
Hi!

I am a new piggy mama to 2 girls. We adopted them from a rescue 1 week ago. They were born April 22 2009 and were housed with mama pig, and brother pig until last Monday, June 1, 2009. (he was supposed to be adopted out, but they took the wrong pig!) For the last few days, Frances has noticibly out-sized her sister. Her weight is only 1 gram higher, but bulgy on the sides. Is is possible for her to be pregnant? And what do I do now?

Thanks
Heidi

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
Since males are fertile at 21 days, then he could have impregnated mom and sisters.

Hopefully they are just growing.

PiggyGal

Cavy Slave
It sound's like she could be. Can you post a picture? That would make it easier to tel, but still couldn't be 100% sure, if you see any eating/drinking problems, then it could be something else so you should get her to a vet. She might even just be growing!lolGood Luck!

Froggirl009

Cavy Slave
I got my two guinea pigs when they were around that age. When I got them Cinnamon was alot bigger than her sister,Sugar. Now they are 5 months old and Sugar is bigger than Cinnamon. So, your pig just might grow faster than the rest.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.