Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My pig is pregnant...I could use some advice

M

Makay772

My pig is pregnant...I could use some advice

When we got our pigs back in December..they were supposed to be 2 females. Well in the beginning in January I figured they were acting alittle peculiar so I took them in for a check and sure enough on of them was a male. I split them up but not quick enough...my female will be giving birth any day now, in my prediction anyways.

I had joined this board and another board a couple months ago and I did learn quite a bit, especially from the other board. But I guess I posted too many threads so they asked me to not do that anymore...I thought that I was there to learn and since the forum was called "cavy chat" I thought I was allowed to chat about my guinea pig. And then people were being bashed because of spelling errors and such so I decided I had enough.

But...I still have so many questions and concerns about my guinea pigs so I really could use some advice.

My female (Britney) is about 12 wks old. I checked her using the method where you look for the bone at the bottom of her belly and I found that it turned into 2 small bumps. They are about 1/2" apart from eachother. I read that if they are a finger lengh apart then they will probably give birth about 72 hours later.

I am feeding her lots of pellets and good gp food and I offer her fruits (apples, oranges, canteloupe, nectarines, peaches, strawberries) but she doesn't touch any of them. I also give her veggies (1/2 of a baby carrot 2 times a week, the carrot stems, different lettuces, cucumber, red peppers) and she won't touch any of them except the carrots. But I cannot give her many of those...right?

She does love her alfalpha (which I give her very little, but recently learned that while she is pregnant she can have more). (This kind of upsets me because I had asked about this on the other board and they reprimanded me about not doing a search, etc., instead of telling me this...my female could have been eating it for a while now had they just answered my question). (btw, I did do searches, but they always brought up so much that had nothing to do with my question)

Anways, I am sorry to bombard you with such a long post. I would just like to know if the information I am stating here in this thread is correct and also can you give me any more advice as far as taking care of her while she is pregnant?

Thank you!!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.