PDA

View Full Version : Neutering/Spaying Sebastian is home after his neuter.

Peggysu
06-02-09, 07:10 pm
Sebastian was neutered today and it went great. I just brought him home and on the drive home he was already eating hay. When I got home I got him some veggies and he's eating them. I'm happy that everything went well and that he looks as good as he does. Thanks everyone for all the advice and I hope his recovery continues to go well.

akstrohm
06-02-09, 07:45 pm
I'm glad to hear it!

NicholsS10
06-02-09, 07:53 pm
That's wonderful to hear! Please keep us updated on his condition and let us know how his first real date/day/introduction/interaction with the ladies goes in 3 weeks!

Peggysu
06-02-09, 09:12 pm
Thanks.

Please keep us updated on his condition and let us know how his first real date/day/introduction/interaction with the ladies goes in 3 weeks!

I'll let you all know how it goes. I can't wait the girls will have to show him what's up with the veggies and not to be picky. Hopefully he likes the ladies, but hopefully the ladies like him.

Bdmellohead
06-02-09, 11:54 pm
Glad to hear everything went well!

NicholsS10
06-02-09, 11:56 pm
Peggysu, remember that he'll end up coming off strong to the girls, but in time, he'll calm down. Just watching his reaction made his neuter and subsequent surgery, meds, all the trips to the vet, and late nights with him worth it! (keeping in mind that Bodie had lots of issues with his neuter).

PiggieMamaKelly
06-03-09, 12:08 am
Glad he is doing well! Both times I had a male neutered I was really shocked at how quickly they seemed to feel well. They were up to their usual antics within hours and no one would have guessed they had gone under the knife so recently.

I found those initial intros more stressful than fun because the males go WAY over the top like Nichols mentioned. It got to the point that I felt awful for putting the girls through that but it all settles down in time.

NicholsS10
06-03-09, 12:21 am
I found those initial intros more stressful than fun because the males go WAY over the top like Nichols mentioned. It got to the point that I felt awful for putting the girls through that but it all settles down in time.

I think that it depends on the personalities of the pigs involved. All my girls made their boundaries very clear and he got nipped quite often. I also felt bad for the girls in time because he was so persistent, and can still be; however, Bodie's reaction was just so fun and cute (he was a rescue pig, and hadn't been around other pigs for 18 months). Bodie ran around like crazy, strutted around like crazy, and popcorned like crazy. He zipped around for 30 minutes without stopping before finally falling asleep in a corner. My girls were just initially confused and gave him some nips if he bothered them too much.

piggiecrazy
06-03-09, 01:02 am
I am so happy that Sebastian is home and doing so well. He is such a gorgeous little guy. Looking forward to hearing how the intros go in a few weeks.

Peggysu
06-03-09, 10:40 pm
Thanks everyone.

I think the intro is going to be real interesting. He hasn't had any guinea pig interaction in at least a year and before I think he got into some fights as he has a few scars on his ears. He's extremely sweet and such a love. I have a feeling he'll just be happy to have someone of his own species to play with. My girls are who I'm most worried about. They can be a bit fiesty. If he over steps their boundaries they'll put him in his place fast.