Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n I Respect Some Vegetarians

Status
Not open for further replies.
avengedphish
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

crittermom

Cavy Slave
When looking at human history, one can see numerous practices considered ordinary and accepted for the period which later became unacceptable and in current society are regarded without question as inhumane. Societal mores change over time, and I don't see the logic in presenting your debate by saying it's something mankind has always done. But it is your choice, and I respect that with which I still do not agree. :) And neither I nor any other vegetarians I know of believe meat-eaters and hunters are "evil", just at a different stage of enlightenment in our thinking.

avengedphish

crittermom

Cavy Slave
I'll accept that as a compliment. :)

critterlover

Cavy Slave
avengedphish, you may want to read the sticky "This is a PRO-VEGETARIAN Forum" on the main page of the vegetarian forum.

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
avengedphish said:
I respect vegetarians that do not eat meat for the health reasons. Those of you that do not eat meat because you think it is evil to kill animals or what ever look at history. Man has been eating animals ever since there was man. There is nothing wrong with eating animals. Animals that die of natural things are just left in the wild and many are not found by other animals. Those animals are wasted. What is wrong with killing an animal and eating all of it? Just so everyone knows I am a hunter, and what ever I kill I eat it and I have respect for it. I can assure you I don't waste.
So you don't respect the vegetarians that think it's immoral to kill animals and eat them? Then I assume you don't respect me. AND the administrator, and many other members of this forum.
Really, we haven't been eating animals since there was man. There is proof that way back when, we were herbavores. Then look at our teeth. We don't have carnivorous(sp) teeth. We have flat teeth, much like a herbavore. We only have four "pointy" teeth.
Animals that die of natural causes are almost ALWAYS found by other animals and eaten. Otherwise they just "find their way into the soil".
I respect that you kill what you eat, and don't just hunt for fun. But that doesn't give you a right to come on a PRO-VEGETARIAN forum and tell us you think we aren't doing the right thing, that you don't respect us.
I think I smell a TROLL.

avengedphish

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
Whoo, what IS that smell?*Sniff Sniff* Ah, yes, it's all too recognizable now, I think it must be a T-R-O-L-L! Avengedphish, all you've done on this board so far is antagonize and annoy, not to mention disrespect some of the most important people on this board. What makes it right to eat one kind of animal and keep the other as a pet? Really, it isn't right at all. Are you saying that you will eat a deer, but not your guinea pigs, whom you are planning on keeping in an outdoor cage where evn you admit it gets really cold*cough*sign of negligence and ignorance*cough*

avengedphish

2boar1sow

Cavy Slave
All you have told us is that you don't respect people's point of views. You are narrow minded thinking you're way is the only right way. And that you are childish in trying to poke at peoples nerves. If you like to present yourself in that way then it is your loss, because your posts will not be respected knowing they came from an arrogant person, less people will understand your point of view, and the world will be a harder place to live. Have fun with that.

Man lived without electricity, plumbing, and many other greats things for a longer time than man has lived with them. I like not having to go to a smelly place when nature calls, and like bright lights at night time. You can walk everywhere you go without a car if you want to live like man did for the majority of history. Things change, sometimes for the better. You are right that killing animals is widely accepted. So was slavery once. Vegatarians choose to think for theirselves and not follow the norm. Not saying all meat eaters are less intelligent or less enlightened, just simply have made a different decision.

Eating store bought meat supports animals being raised and treated harshly for the soul purpose of being eaten. Animals do not have natural lives like the ones you hunt, they are grown fat until their legs break because a farmer wanted to test a growth hormone on them. I wouldn't hunt an animal and kill it because its not something I need to do. Maybe it is ok for an animal to die because I like the taste of it, but maybe it isn't. Animals seem to me like they want to live, they feel pleasure and pain like you and me. Early humans needed the nutrition in meat to live, as do other animals. Because we have gained knowledge about nutrition we no longer need to eat meat, and us vegatarians decide to stop and give the animals the benefit of the doubt. You don't have to not eat meat, but I fail to see why its vegatarians don't deserve respect because they chose to give animals the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:

citronsoul

Cavy Slave
Those of you that do not eat meat because you think it is evil to kill animals or what ever look at history
So you're going to justify your argument with history? Just like many people have used that to justify things like slavery, denying womens rights, racism... ?

Eating meat is a matter of preference. You're Peruvian, & as such it's obviously part of your culture to eat guinea pigs & other forms of meat. But that doesn't give you the right to criticize people (without any decent argument) who don't agree with you, or lose any respect for them.

I lose respect for people who are intolerant of others peoples point of view just because it's different from theres.

I am NOT a vegetarian (I eat fish.) I am open to debate why or why not anyone should eat meat. But if you already admit that you don't have respect for anyone who is vegetarian, I don't even see the point of you coming on here. You clearly don't want a discussion, you just want to a place to whine.

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
Answer this: How do you think people survived back then? They didn' t just eat fruits and vegetables, they mainly lived off of meat.

Treen

Cavy Slave
I think we've heard this kind of thing enough times already. We know people eat guinea pigs, but as this is a pro-vegetarian forum at a guinea pig lovers board, when the issue is raised in this manner, it's not worth anyone's time responding.

This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.