Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My rabbit got out

Patch

Cavy Slave
I know this is about rabbits but anyways, Last night my male rabbit got out of his cage. He is not fixed and I have a female in a cage close to him. He did not get into the female’s cage; she did not get out either. But he was out all night (I was not there) and so I was wondering if any one thought that they may have down their thing thought the cage? I have a cavy cages for both of them. My dad said he had rabbits that did this before.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Patch said:
I was wondering if any one thought that they may have down their thing thought the cage?
huh??

Patch

Cavy Slave
If my male rabbit could have gotten the female pregnant, sorry

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Oh right. Um... Thats a tricky question. Possibly, since he was able to get out of his cage, he could get into hers.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
If you mean could he have gotten her pregnant with him outside the cage and her inside the cage. Personally, I would think no, but I guess there is always a possibility if he could get her in the right position at the edge of the cage and she was willing but even that seems highly unlikely.

Poohbear
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Patch

Cavy Slave
The thing is that I know the female would not try and run away from the male or anything because when I let the male out for some floor time the female goes crazy and tries to get out.....and my dad said that when he was little he had rabbits that breed through a cage :/.....I hope he did not get her pregnant. She is about 10 months old, and a mini rex (they both are).

Patch

Cavy Slave
Oh and also...I dont think he got into her cage beacuse if he did I would not think that he would leave the cage, but I fixed the problem so he can not get out anymore.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Oh, he didn't get! Well, your dad may not have had a C&C cage. I think its highly impossible for them to have sex through the bars!

Patch

Cavy Slave
ok.....I hope so

Patch

Cavy Slave
Queen B said:
eek, maybe you can get the male neutered and make a big cage for them?
Oh how I would LOVE to do this.....unfortunately, I am only 12 years old (soon to be 13) and well I don’t think my parents would go for it. I could pay for it and I already figured out a way that I could put the two cages together that they would fit in my room. The biggest problem is that in the spring, summer, and fall they live out side :( But I got my parents to agree to let them live indoors in the winter. They used to live indoors but I was really too young to own a bunny (many of you probably still think I am) and my mom said they smelled too much, so they had to go out side :(. I am going to try and persuade them to let them live indoors again.

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
Don;t males smell less if you get them neutered?

Patch

Cavy Slave
Yes...they do but I don’t think it would make much of a difference because my male doesn’t spray, the reason it smelled before was that I did not clean his cage enough (bad, bad, bad, bad, me, I know better now) I litter box trained them and I change their litter boxes ever day.

AmiableAnimals

Cavy Slave
They both need to be altered for health reasons. PErhaps if you explain to your parents the hefty bills and heartbreak of dealing with your female rabbit getting cancer, etc. they may reconsdier and allow them to be altered. https://www.rabbit.org has more good info you could use to back up your position.

Patch

Cavy Slave
How much do you think a spaying and neutering cost would cost??

Smudger

Cavy Slave
Depends where you live-I'm in England at it cost me £45 a time to have my two males done.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.