Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi, I'm newbie who want's to learn

LindaP

Cavy Slave
Hi, I've kept a guinea pig before he was called Squeak and he lived for 6.5 years. At that time I didn't have a computer so I got all my info from books, so he had a shop bought indoor cage. Now I've just got 2 young sows called Tinker and Daisy,at this time they are living in a fish tank which is 30" x 24". Now luckily I've found this wonderful site and realize that this isn't suitable as a home for them, so I want to build a C&C cage for them.
Tinker & Daisy at the moment are rather shy but, I'm giving them plenty of lap time and cuddles. The only problem I have is with Tinker who keeps nibbling my hair!!
So I would like to hear any advice you can share about these cute critters as I've got loads to learn.

Thanks Linda :love:

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome. You'll learn a great deal from this forum and its members, but the very best way to start off is to go around reading threads in the different sections, especially the "stickies" at the top of each forum.

new piggie

Cavy Slave
Welcome to GPC Linda! There is alot to learn get ready (laughing out loud). I've been reading this forum since February and I learn something new everyday. This is an absolutely wonderful site.

auburnmare5

Cavy Slave
I have been here for about a year and a half and I still learn new things almost everyday!
I would upgrade your cage ASAP. There is poor ventilation. I saw that you mentioned that you are going to build a C+C cage. They are amazingly inexpensive and easy to build maintain and store. I use children's play mats with towels on top with the grids, so it can store easier. There are so many alternatives to coroplast.
For two guinea pigs, I would use a minimum of a 2x3 because they are both sows. If they were boars you would need a 2x4 minimum.
As mentioned before the sticky threads are the ones usually with the most common questions and with reliable answers.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.