Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Trips?

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
How long has anyone here gone on a trip without a pig for? And with care? I was wondering because my school is offering this total wilderness trip in a preserve in Canda where they don't allow any machines, electricity, etc. and it looks beautiful. I really want to go, but it's ten days long and I would feel horrible if my pigs or dog missed me. Does anyone know if this would greatly upset a pig, everyone else in my family would be here, so they would be taken care of.

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
I went away for a week, I left my pig at my cousins house. He was so happy to see me! He wasn't mad at all

Treen

Cavy Slave
Just make sure you leave them with someone you can trust to take great care of them and take them to the vet if needed and I'm sure they'll be absolutely fine! I've left mine with friends/ family for over a week before, and although the pigs are always glad to see me and get back to their old routines, they do just fine with someone else while I'm away. Even animals who pine for their owners (I know some dogs like that) generally snap out of it after a while - they'll just give you an extra warm reception when you do get home!

The trip sounds great - you shouldn't miss out on an opportunity like that!

citronsoul

Cavy Slave
The longest I've gone away was two weeks. The guinea pigs were taken care of by the kennel where we drop our dog off on vacations. There were no problems at all when they returned home. And like Treen says, our dog was fine but still very happy to see us again.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.