Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

best toys for guinea pig

• Thread starter guineapiglover0
  • Start date

guineapiglover0

Cavy Slave
do any of you know what the best dosent mater the price judt the best toys for guinea pigs :eye-poppi

lissie

Cavy Slave

hilary

Cavy Slave
My three love cheap stuff. Like toilet paper rolls or paper towel rolls stuffed with hay. You can use empty tissue boxes as well. Anything stuffed with hay that's safe and makes it somewhat of a game to get the hay out is always a hit with piggies. My boar loves the fiddle stick bridge in the cage. You can buy them at pet stores and bend them however you'd like. Chubes (a big tube) are fun. Pigs usually love tunnels. I put in empty soda boxes with the end flaps cut off and mine love running through them.

ferndalezoo

Cavy Slave
I have 4 boars-- all fairly young (3 are around a year and a half, one is about 7 months) They don't really "play" in the sense that, say, my ferrets do. They like tunnels-- anything that can be run through. Bent grids (I cover mine with a pillow-case-style cover), are a big hit. Anything new and novel to them is worthy of being tossed around for a minute or three.

spacefem

Cavy Slave
When we first got our guinea pigs we bought toys from the pet store. And that's the last time I ever bought toys from the pet store.

My piggies' favorite toy is a cardboard box we cut holes in so they could run through it. They also love this empty oatmeal container that's tube-shaped. I like it when they both try to fit in it because it looks like we have one super long guinea pig.

Jasper_Hale

Cavy Slave
When I adopted mine, he came with a hay rack (Just a bent grid.) I didn't like that because the hay kept dropping through it. I turned it upside down and put a badana (Sp?) over it. They run through it alot.

ChristyG

Cavy Slave
This is all great stuff, and i never realized how cheap it would be~thank god! I havent gotten my piggies yet, but I am trying to stock up on everything before we get them, so we are prepared..great advice!!

guineapiglover0

Cavy Slave
thanks so much

Jasper_Hale

Cavy Slave
My piggies' favorite toy is a cardboard box we cut holes in so they could run through it. They also love this empty oatmeal container that's tube-shaped. I like it when they both try to fit in it because it looks like we have one super long guinea pig.

I also had one of those. It was great, until they went pee in it.

guineapiglover0

Cavy Slave
Thanks u rock love the ideas

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.