Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Laptime- How often?

Chicapuff

Cavy Slave
I adopted my two boys, both about 1 year old, only 2 days ago.

I've only held them twice so far, and only for about 5 mins at a time.. they don't seem to like it much. One of them seems to grind their teeth a bit. They do however eat veggies from my hand when I hold them.

I'm wondering, to help tame them, how many times to hold them in a day?

Any other tips for taming them would be great too :)

When my pigs first got here, my kids actually sat in there cage with them LOL. Zach (6) now sits next to the cage every morning and eats his breakfast with them.
Then he will get one at a time and watch TV with it. Daily.

Then of course they have regular play time. Then on the nice days, the kids (14, 6) take the pigs outside in the play pens.

When I bring them their salads...I hold the plate near myself so they come to me for food. Then I sneak in a pet...they run off usually. But we can hold them...they are just skittish at first I guess.

But this is daily holding, petting and attention. The more the better I believe.

My new guy seems ok about being picked up and held. I have tried to have a bit of lap time everyday, but he seems to get restless and always wants to run around. So I will usualy put him on the floor for some pl;ay time at that point.

Thanks for the link lissie. Could come in handy.

Atleast a few hours.

I would do circle time that is where you and your family bend into a circle on the ground and let them run around for about 10- 20 minutes. It has been a huge sucsess for my Piggies

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.