Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C A Quick C&C Question.

ken211989

Cavy Slave
I recently came across a certain Guinea pig rescue that had cages that were sponsored by this site. The website quoted that "For the convenience of our adopters (and others) we now have C&C cages available. These cages are the ones that you would receive if you ordered directly from C&C Cages. There are no shipping or handling fees involved. Sue, from Cavy Cages will keep us supplied with an inventory of these cages".

I was slightly confused at the wording. My question is:

Is the C&C cage included in the purchase of a guinea pig being housed by the rescue?

There is some sort of adoption fee depending on what you are getting and how many of them you will be getting. I was looking at a cute little guinea going for 30$ and I wanted to know if that included the cage.

the website is (broken link removed)

starshine123102

Cavy Slave
I just adopted from Critter Connection (the rescue you are referring to) and no, they don't come with the adoption. If you want to get one through them you can, at additional cost. But, it would still be cheaper to get the cage through her because you won't have shipping charges.

ken211989

Cavy Slave
Oh okay then. Thanks

I am going to assume that they do not deliver the guineas as well as the cages right to my home do they>

starshine123102

Cavy Slave
They may be able to but she will not adopt to someone who hasn't at least come in to meet her and the pig(s).

ken211989

Cavy Slave
Darn it, I live too far and I don't really have transportation out that far, that is why I was asking.

Skeetersmom

Cavy Slave
I thought you couldn't afford to get your own guinea pig a cage, let alone adopt more. Isn't your guinea pig pregnant also?

ken211989

Cavy Slave
Unfortunately she died today. She went into labor and started to scream so I took her to the vet. She (the vet) did every thing she could to save her...I lost her and her babies...I am very saddened right now and have enough supplies to look after another guinea. I am taking this websites advice and getting one from the rescue and making sure i have enough space this time.

lissie

Cavy Slave
I am truly sorry for your loss, but I don't think you should get another guinea pig right now, considering your financial situation.

ken211989

Cavy Slave
I know I know. I need to get a big enough cage before I do.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.