PDA

View Full Version : What is a Probie?

lmarieaa
04-24-09, 11:10 pm
I was reading some threads and saw that someones forum status (the word under their username) said 'Probie" underneath it. What does that mean?

theresaj
04-24-09, 11:23 pm
They're users being monitored till the moderators are sure they're not here to cause trouble. They have to approve posts by Probies.

NicholsS10
04-24-09, 11:23 pm
I am quoting this from www.guineapigcages.com/forum (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum)

"Probies are like Newbies, only their posts are moderated because they registered with a generic email. All new members start out as Probies until proven that they are not a troll or spammer."

lmarieaa
04-25-09, 12:06 am
Ah, I see now. Thanks!!

lmarieaa
04-25-09, 12:19 am
Is this a precaution because of the weirdos with no lives on fat frog? Those people need medication. I read that they plan on making a non threatening username and posting a few 'friendly' posts, and then make a bunch of offensive posts. Its sad that there are people in this world that put so much effort into these kind of things.

CavySpirit
04-25-09, 01:23 am
Exactly why. More work for us. No joy for them. Ribbitt.

MomtoO&O
04-26-09, 03:01 pm
Is this a precaution because of the weirdos with no lives on fat frog? Those people need medication. I read that they plan on making a non threatening username and posting a few 'friendly' posts, and then make a bunch of offensive posts. Its sad that there are people in this world that put so much effort into these kind of things.

I apologize if my post is off-topic, but I am really intrigued. What is fat frog? I Googled it and nothing came up but a bunch of companies (Fat Frog Marketing, One Fat Frog Restaurant etc.)

AnimalHouse36
04-26-09, 03:13 pm
Fat frog is a forum that came to harrass us I beleive.

MomtoO&O
04-26-09, 03:31 pm
I googled "fat frog forum" and saw what you all were talking about. Very sad.

ferndalezoo
04-26-09, 03:31 pm
It's a forum, similar to this one, onlyfor amphibian enthusiasts. It seems to be frequented by some young kids (or really immature adults, which is worse) who think it's thrilling to see their frogs (many species are carnivorous) eat things like baby rodents, etc (even though most of those things aren't good for a frog to eat long term anyway-- too fatty). Recently a bunch of them decided that it was a good idea to come here and post a bunch of really inflamatory stuff that created a lot more work for Teresa and the mods.

guineapigluver1
04-28-09, 10:39 am
Wow. I looked at the thread on the Fat Frog forum about this forum, and I can't believe the language or what they are saying.
I'm not upset about what they are saying (I mean, how can you be?), but what they are saying about you, T, made me angry.
Talk about immature people. I just can't believe they have nothing better to do with their time.
I hope I never meet any of them. Talking trash about vegetarian and vegans too.

TwilightStar
05-01-09, 06:40 pm
Those...horrible people are talking about feeding poor baby guinea pigs to snakes...

ferndalezoo
05-01-09, 06:55 pm
I have pet snakes--- and they need to eat. I understand that. What I don't understand is this "wow! this is great! look at this thing squirming and fighting for survival! that's so COOL!"

My snakes all eat frozen/thawed rats, which I acquire from a source whose methods I am comfortable with. My snakes eat, and nothing suffers for it.

TwilightStar
05-01-09, 07:01 pm
I didn't say snakes don't need to eat. On that site, they talk about doing it for spite and sick pleasure in the death of the animal. Immature 5 year olds who were probably the type of people who kill ants with magnify glasses.

meghannmariexx
05-01-09, 07:54 pm
What do I search?

TwilightStar
05-01-09, 07:55 pm
guinea pigs will bring up the thread they have

meghannmariexx
05-01-09, 07:55 pm
Thats what I search?

TwilightStar
05-01-09, 08:23 pm
Well the forums is fat frog forums

guineapigluver1
05-01-09, 08:29 pm
It is http://fatfrogs.7.forumer.com (http://fatfrog.7.forumer.com)
(It isn't coming up when you click on it but type it in and it will come up).
Under the "Watering Hole" if I remember correctly the thread name is WWW.
then the name of this forum.
Brace yourself.

meghannmariexx
05-01-09, 09:35 pm
Wow, those people are extremely immature.

Deb's4Pigs
05-01-09, 10:24 pm
There's an older man that is very nasty. I guess he has nothing better to do. Hopefully he doesn't beat his wife.

meghannmariexx
05-02-09, 08:09 am
Yes, hopefully.

fieryone
05-02-09, 08:17 am
Are they really still posting to their little thread? How incredibly lame. Don't they have anything better to do? I actually kind of feel sorry for them that their lives are that empty

pigsmakemesmile
05-02-09, 08:46 am
I can't read threads or forums that reference feeding small animals to snakes. I agree with Fernandalezoo that feeding frozen/thawed rodents no one suffers. I look at it this way....snakes eating rodents and small animals in "the wild" at least gives that small animal some kind of chance at escaping. I totally disagree giving live animals to snakes that are penned up...it's not fair to the rodent. I think it's disgusting for a human to take pleasure in watching a small animal suffer as it is eat'ned. Makes me want to vomit. Above all it says a lot about the person who does this.

Molli_Mayzee
05-02-09, 09:52 am
I have already made assumptions about them and their lives that I will not share but it's not hard to guess either...

If they're going to assume about the members on this forum (which are comical and absolutely false) so am I!

Peggysu
05-02-09, 12:17 pm
That is so funny. It's kind of sad that these people have nothing better to do but get on the internet and troll around and swear like un-educated idiots. I think they need to get jobs or something so they can be productive people in society.

Although these people probably have boring lives and this is the most excitment they have probably seen in along time. Whatever keeps them entertained I guess. What a waste of energy and time.

theresaj
05-02-09, 12:42 pm
I can't read threads or forums that reference feeding small animals to snakes. I agree with Fernandalezoo that feeding frozen/thawed rodents no one suffers. I look at it this way....snakes eating rodents and small animals in "the wild" at least gives that small animal some kind of chance at escaping. I totally disagree giving live animals to snakes that are penned up...it's not fair to the rodent. I think it's disgusting for a human to take pleasure in watching a small animal suffer as it is eat'ned. Makes me want to vomit. Above all it says a lot about the person who does this.

I completely agree! And they do it on Youtube all the time, it's horrible.

ChristyG
05-02-09, 06:27 pm
I just registered for here..how long would i be a Probie for?? I may not pe posting alot, cause i am just trying to get info before I adopt...I swear I am not Trolling or anything, I love it here so far!!

erikahand83
05-02-09, 11:48 pm
Yeesh, the people posting over there are soo childish.

CavySpirit
05-04-09, 01:35 pm
The easiest way to get off of Probie status is to register in the first place with or change your email address to a non-generic email address. Use your IP provided email NOT a yahoo, hotmail, gmail, msn, etc. email address.