Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grids Walmart grids

They seem fine. I am looking for some to buy! Do you recommend these yourself?

I have never used them before. My Guinea Pigs are in pet store cages right now.

One of the links doesn't work. They are fine to use.

You get 16 grids per box. The Target ones have 24.

You may want to get two boxes.

But target also has bad ones. But I know to look for ones with 9' holes. I'm trying to go for cheaper.

I have found grids at Bed, Bath and Beyond...has anyone used these?
(broken link removed)

They come with 16 grids but create four square boxes but they are cheaper then walmart. Would it be better to invest in these since they are cheaper?

The BB&B grids should be OK too. They seem to be sold out online, do you have a store near you ? I would buy those (if you can get your hands on them) since they are $10? dollars cheaper than Wal-mart, the only difference I see, besides price, is that they are grey and Wal-mart's are white

I don't care about the color of the grids just the color of the Coroplast! Thanks for telling me!

I've also decided not to build an upper level but then I decided that it would probably be easier to just build a one level. I mean, my Piggies always get darkness at night so its not like they get an insuffectient amount of darkness.

You have to look through the target grids. The Chrome ones are still safe as far as I know. I've been able to find some old style grids mixed in from time to time.

I've never seen the B&B grids in store but some people have been able to find them.

Thanks! for the info.

BB&B has the grids in-store near me, but there are only 3 cubes to a box.

The box I found builds four cubes. (broken link removed)
Maybe the number of cubes per box varies by stores. I don't know. I'm just trying to go for cheaper.

I got my cubes/grids from BB&B, they were originally $15 but since they only had one set left and it was the "floor model" the store gave me a 10% discount so i got them for around $11. I got 4 cubes in the set which is 16 grids. I only had to buy one set because i wasn't planning on making the cage any bigger than 2x6 or any upper levels. I was going to buy from either Target or Walmart but when i found out that BB&B had them cheaper, i went there.

So 16 grids can build a 2x6??????

So 16 grids can build a 2x6??????

Yes. 16 grids can build 2x6 (2+6+2+6) but you won't have enough for stand.
I got all my grids from BB&B. Don't forget the 20% coupon. If you don't have one, you can register on their website and get the coupon.

Yes. 16 grids can build 2x6 (2+6+2+6) but you won't have enough for stand.
I got all my grids from BB&B. Don't forget the 20% coupon. If you don't have one, you can register on their website and get the coupon.
Good. But I won't need a stand. If I did, I would probably buy it later on. :) For 2 Guinea Pigs, they need a 2x4 and 3 Guinea Pigs need a 2x5. I think that's right. I need to look up the measurements and see how long a 2x5 would be because its going in my room. At least I will only need one box but, no offense to Sue's C&C cages, I will be able to build a cage for 26 dollars plus tax which is way cheaper then what I found it online. The cage I was looking at only held 2 Guinea Pigs but it cost 62.00 plus 24.00 shipping. I knew that was way to expensive but for people that can't find supplies anywhere around them, contact C&Ccages(that's Sue's name on here. Its orange)

Thanks for everyone's help! I will post pictures when I get it built.

I also got my supplies for much cheaper. I actually bought 5 boxes of grids from BB&B (and used coupon every time). I have multi-level cage and have enough grids to build playpen for floor time.
But don't forget that with Sue's cage, you're donation money to help guinea pigs in the rescues.

Yes. I've done Ebay before and I really don't like it but even though it says it will take up to 10 minutes, with building your own cage, the most time consuming thing is getting the supplies but I have this list of places that have grids and coroplast so and then I have a bunch of this other little stuff that I want to get.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.