Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

New Zealand C&C in New Zealand

guineakeeper

Cavy Slave
:) Hi there all kiwi guinea keepers. Does anyone know where you can buy C&C materials in NZ? I do have a large indoor cage and a large outdoor run for daytime but am seriously considering a C&C for indoors but am struggling to find the products.

GuineaPigGalore

Cavy Slave
hi, look at payless plastics for the grids.
Dont know about the corflute!

Madeleine

Cavy Slave
We just built a C&C cage and we live in Auckland.

Payless Plastics have the cubes for $39.80 - you can make a 2x8 cage with one pack.

I got the corflute (its not called coroplast here) by searching the yellowpages online for sign-writers and then emailing them explaining I wanted a single, large sheet for a guinea pig cage. Most of them replied and were helpful - they tended to want around $30 for a big sheet but a couple were cheaper and one had a blue sheet for free!

Making the cage was really easy and we just love it!

We line it with old towels and polar fleece and it is a breeze to clean the guinea pigs love it.

Wednesday_12

Cavy Slave
How long ago did you get the cubes from Payless plastics? I have been looking for a while to find these materials, with not much luck. I am thinking about getting some shelving from Bunnings Warehouse, as it's the closest I could find, but this is expensive at $37 a shelve!

t&ds mum

Cavy Slave
There is a company in Auckland who sells interlocking cube sets, which are the grids and connectors. I'm in Wellington and in the past have had them couriered.
Their website is www.eaglewire.co.nz and if you click on 'baskets' and scroll down you'll see the cubes.
You can get the coroplast/corflute from at least some places that manufacture or sell plastic products, you should be able to find them in the yellow pages.

Wednesday_12

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the link, I will use it in the future.
I managed to pick up a set of these on the weekend from the new payless plastics store in Link Dr- it was the last set they had!

I have plenty of chloroflute lying around as my father runs his own business and uses it for signage. He gave me the left over scraps :D it was a good way to put them to use.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.