PDA

View Full Version : C&C Unbelievable!

SheriMartini
04-18-09, 10:20 pm
My C&C cage arrived yesterday and I got it all set up. However I wanted to wait for my fleece to arrive in the mail before I unleashed Mr. Fajita Face to his new home!

Well, I just could not wait any longer and HAD to put him in his new home!!

I could not believe how happy he was! He popcorned for about 15 minutes before he was insistent upon having a late night snack of some romaine haha! He was so happy he would run laps and popcorn into the wall! I was rolling on the floor laughing! I was so happy that he loved his new home that I started crying (I'm a big softie...). I am so happy I can give him the home he deserves!

I adopted him from a friend who ended up having a litter of babies, and they didn't want to keep them all. The first night we had him, I was doing as much research as I could because I wanted him to have a good home. I found this website, and I spent at least 3 hours a day reading all I can! I didn't realize how much I didn't know! The first night I came across this website, I knew I needed a C&C cage for Fajita, and placed the order. I just didn't realize just how much Fajita would enjoy it when I bought it!

Well, this is my long winded way of saying thank you for this website, thank you for c&c cages, and thank you for making my little Mr. Fajita Face so happy tonight!! :heart:

*Edit!* I completely forgot I wanted to say this as well! Anyone who just does not have the time or resources to make their own C&C cage... it is SO totally worth it to buy one! I didn't want to spend the time or money driving around town for the supplies to create one. I'm not very crafty, but I knew I needed one of these cages for Fajita! Buying one is the best money I have ever spent!

AllysGuineas
04-18-09, 10:47 pm
Wow, you did a great decision!!

Jennicat
04-19-09, 09:18 am
Isn't it amazing how much joy they get out of such a simple thing? I love watching ours run laps and popcorn (well, they're older, so now they mainly sort of shrug a bit and lay down).

SheriMartini
04-19-09, 09:49 am
I just felt so good knowing I did what was best for my little guy :) I had him in a small-ish cage, as that was all my friends had available for me at the time. I knew it was never a permanent thing, but I just felt so bad having him in there!

My boyfriend literally had to drag me to bed last night because I couldn't stop watching Fajita! :)

Diane9k
04-19-09, 01:27 pm
My C&C cage arrived yesterday and I got it all set up. However I wanted to wait for my fleece to arrive in the mail before I unleashed Mr. Fajita Face to his new home!

Well, I just could not wait any longer and HAD to put him in his new home!!

I could not believe how happy he was! He popcorned for about 15 minutes before he was insistent upon having a late night snack of some romaine haha! He was so happy he would run laps and popcorn into the wall! I was rolling on the floor laughing! I was so happy that he loved his new home that I started crying (I'm a big softie...). I am so happy I can give him the home he deserves!

I adopted him from a friend who ended up having a litter of babies, and they didn't want to keep them all. The first night we had him, I was doing as much research as I could because I wanted him to have a good home. I found this website, and I spent at least 3 hours a day reading all I can! I didn't realize how much I didn't know! The first night I came across this website, I knew I needed a C&C cage for Fajita, and placed the order. I just didn't realize just how much Fajita would enjoy it when I bought it!

Well, this is my long winded way of saying thank you for this website, thank you for c&c cages, and thank you for making my little Mr. Fajita Face so happy tonight!! :heart:

*Edit!* I completely forgot I wanted to say this as well! Anyone who just does not have the time or resources to make their own C&C cage... it is SO totally worth it to buy one! I didn't want to spend the time or money driving around town for the supplies to create one. I'm not very crafty, but I knew I needed one of these cages for Fajita! Buying one is the best money I have ever spent!

hilary
04-19-09, 01:49 pm
Aww I know exactly what you mean. It brought me so much happiness along with my girls being so much happier in their C&C. I bet they'll be even happier and popcorning more once you get your fleece! Mine definitely do now that I use fleece. It's great for money saving too and it's soft for them :)

Have you thought about getting him a friend? You'll see even more popcorns then and it's the best thing you can give a piggy besides a C&C.

SheriMartini
04-19-09, 06:54 pm
I am seriously considering getting him a friend, but I'll have to modify my c&c to make it a bit bigger, and I'm not sure I have the funds for all that at the moment... Also, I want to make sure I get a little guy who will be compatible! I need to learn Fajita's personality more before I get him a friend. Ideally, I'd love to get a spayed female, but that's so difficult in my area... I'm sure the little piggy that is supposed to come into my life will come soon! :)

IluvePiggies
04-19-09, 07:11 pm
I'll be building a C&C cage soon. I've learned so much from this site. Congrats!!!Carly, my Guinea Pig, at exactly 9:00-9:10, whichever time I seem to wake up, she'll do circles around her cage(A pet store cage right now) and it's so funny! I've only seen her do the rump rub and the Chi-Chi jump

hilary
04-19-09, 07:38 pm
I am seriously considering getting him a friend, but I'll have to modify my c&c to make it a bit bigger, and I'm not sure I have the funds for all that at the moment... Also, I want to make sure I get a little guy who will be compatible! I need to learn Fajita's personality more before I get him a friend. Ideally, I'd love to get a spayed female, but that's so difficult in my area... I'm sure the little piggy that is supposed to come into my life will come soon! :)

See if there's any guinea pig rescues in your area. Search petfinder too. Most rescues will set up a "playdate" for your pig and the new pig to see if they get along, and then can match up who would be the best addition.

SheriMartini
04-19-09, 09:12 pm
Thank you! I've been searching google, but I haven't found much quite yet! But thanks for the advice!

akstrohm
04-19-09, 09:27 pm
As others have said, he will be even happier with a friend. You can try posting a "looking to adopt" ad here as well. If you can't find any rescues very close by, ask the rescues that are farther away if they can help with transportation. If you're worried about intros, babies are usually easy to introduce to adults. I'm glad you got him a C&C cage! He sounds like so much fun to watch!

SheriMartini
04-19-09, 09:52 pm
I've emailed both rescues that I've been able to find in Michigan, so hopefully they will reply soon! Even though one looked a little better than the other... heh. and it's 151 miles away!

I suppose I could always have him neutered, but I hate to put him through it if I can find a perfect little girl out there for him! Time will tell!!

akstrohm
04-19-09, 10:57 pm
I wouldn't neuter him. It doesn't change behavior or have any health benefits in guinea pigs, and he will be at some risk due to the surgery. However, that doesn't mean that you need to get a spayed girl. Intact boars typically get along just fine if introductions are done properly and you provide plenty of space. Just make sure to have multiple food dishes, hideys, etc.

pringles70
04-19-09, 11:07 pm
Isn't it amazing how much joy they get out of such a simple thing? I love watching ours run laps and popcorn (well, they're older, so now they mainly sort of shrug a bit and lay down).

*LOL* apathetic popcorning.

lmarieaa
04-20-09, 12:42 am
I love the name! Mr.Fajita Face. Love it!

4piggers
04-20-09, 06:06 am
I've emailed both rescues that I've been able to find in Michigan, so hopefully they will reply soon! Even though one looked a little better than the other... heh. and it's 151 miles away!

I suppose I could always have him neutered, but I hate to put him through it if I can find a perfect little girl out there for him! Time will tell!!

Which 2 did you contact? I know there is Sweetpigs over on the other side of the state from me (us). But is there one closer?

ferndalezoo
04-20-09, 09:17 am
Probably a hike for you (since you're in saginaw?) but the Michigan Humane Society (there are 3 shelters near Detroit) nearly always has cavies. There is also a cavy rescue in Lansing, I think.

4piggers
04-20-09, 09:22 am
Probably a hike for you (since you're in saginaw?) but the Michigan Humane Society (there are 3 shelters near Detroit) nearly always has cavies. There is also a cavy rescue in Lansing, I think.

Do they let you adopt out of county though? I just ran into this issue with the Genesee County Shelter. They will not adopt out if you dont live in that county. Which ticks me off :(

SheriMartini
04-20-09, 10:15 am
I contacted Robin at Sweetpigs, but... that's quite the drive for me (and my car, which has almost 170K miles!). But if that's the best, I'd be willing to drive! I couldn't find much else in my area though, sadly... I asked Robin there if she knew of an other good shelters that would be closer to my area, so here is hoping!

I am hesitant to get two males as my apartment is quite small, and even finding a place for the 2x3 was quite the challenge... not to mention the small fortune I've paid for fleece! So the only reason why I would neuter him is to get a female as they might not mind being in the 2x3... I know the main page to this website says that the minimum for 2 pigs is the 7.6square feet, and that's what the 2x3 is... I just don't knooooowwww....

4piggers
04-20-09, 10:23 am
I contacted Robin at Sweetpigs, but... that's quite the drive for me (and my car, which has almost 170K miles!). But if that's the best, I'd be willing to drive! I couldn't find much else in my area though, sadly... I asked Robin there if she knew of an other good shelters that would be closer to my area, so here is hoping!

I am hesitant to get two males as my apartment is quite small, and even finding a place for the 2x3 was quite the challenge... not to mention the small fortune I've paid for fleece! So the only reason why I would neuter him is to get a female as they might not mind being in the 2x3... I know the main page to this website says that the minimum for 2 pigs is the 7.6square feet, and that's what the 2x3 is... I just don't knooooowwww....

Yea thats the trouble, gpigs are hard to come by around here. I got lucky when someone wanted to surrender the ones I have. I run a rescue (not just for pigs), and the 2 I have now are the only ones we ever recieved. We are thrilled to have them though as Ive been searching for almost 2 years to find ones that werent in a pet store. Good luck to you.

SheriMartini
04-20-09, 10:31 am
That's awesome that you run a rescue!! I'd love to do that someday... but not in my 700square foot apartment!! haha!

But hopefully that Robin woman will have some good advice for me! :)

fieryone
04-20-09, 10:36 am
Mr. Fajita Face? lol That's great!

My third girl acted very much like your piggy when we brought her home and put her in her 2x3 quarantine cage. She would run and popcorn into the walls of the cage. Then when we put her down for floor time in their large pen? Forget it! She went nuts. It's so cute and funny to watch. Congrats to you and Fajita Face.

4piggers
04-20-09, 10:36 am
That's awesome that you run a rescue!! I'd love to do that someday... but not in my 700square foot apartment!! haha!

But hopefully that Robin woman will have some good advice for me! :)

LOL yea that would be hard to do in an apartment! Keep me updated on what she says :)

SheriMartini
04-20-09, 10:48 am
Then when we put her down for floor time in their large pen? Forget it! She went nuts.

HAHA! That's so funny! It just warms the heart to know you are making them so happy :)

SheriMartini
04-20-09, 10:51 am
Well... she emailed me back... she didn't know of any other rescues in my area. But, I may still at some point end up driving down there, as she is willing to do a play-date for Fajita! I'm just going to keep looking online and maybe go to the local animal shelter we have here, although they primarily have dogs and cats. But maybe they would know somewhere else close that would be a guinea pig rescue?

4piggers
04-20-09, 11:15 am
Well... she emailed me back... she didn't know of any other rescues in my area. But, I may still at some point end up driving down there, as she is willing to do a play-date for Fajita! I'm just going to keep looking online and maybe go to the local animal shelter we have here, although they primarily have dogs and cats. But maybe they would know somewhere else close that would be a guinea pig rescue?

Bummer. Well if I get any more surrenders I will let you know.