Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage I redid Willows Cage

BurningAmber520

Cavy Slave
I redid Willows cage a bit. I took out the bad seed treats, I took out the upper level since she didnt seem to enjoy it at all and I gave her a new hut. Let me know what you think!

I'll get more (better) pictures in a bit!

willow1007.jpg

willow1008.jpg

willow1009.jpg

hilary

Cavy Slave
That looks like a petstore cage, and even if it isn't, it's way too small. Please don't take this the wrong way, because you're doing a lot of great things for your piggy like the hay, getting better pellets, etc. But pigs need at least 7.5 square feet of space, and when adding additional pigs more. Check out the C&C cages on this site, you can make your own or order a kit online. Also, Oxbow and KM are the two best brands of pellets to feed your guinea pig. Really they are the only acceptable brands (also one type of Mazuri). You can find Oxbow in stores and KM can be ordered online.

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
The cage is way too small. Willow has absolutely no room to run, popcorn and play. She's alone and she's in a tiny cage. How would you like living in a closet?

Please research ways to make her life healthier and happier. Starting with a big cage and healthy diet, then rescue a buddy for her.

Please don't take my post the wrong way. I just hope someone doesn't see this post and see your picture and think that it's acceptable to house a guinea pig in a covered litter box like that.

ferndalezoo

Cavy Slave
If I recall correctly, Willow is a new piggie. BurningAmber is researching C&C cages, I think (from her previous thread), and the pet store cage is temporary. She has made some changes based on suggestions others made, and it's a definite improvement. The cage is, of course, WAY too small, but I'm sure that BurningAmber is moving in the right direction.

lilcavy

Cavy Slave
It's a very nice cage, but not for a guinea pig. I know how you feel i admit i have kept my pigs in store bought cages, but i switched becuase my pigs did not have enought room to pop corn and run around. Here is a quick fix add a play pin onto it. They are about 15-20 dollars at petco. It will still be small but it will give your pig enough room to run. (You can also use grids they are cheap and they give you a lot to a pack)
Getting her a friend is a good idea too.:cheerful:

BurningAmber520

Cavy Slave
Hey all thanks for the comments! I did just get her yesterday and the cage is just temporary :) I mentioned in another post somewhere that I ordered a C&C cage from Sue last night. It measures 2x5 which I have been assured will be a good size for 2 piggies. And once the cage is set up I will be adopting a sister for Willow! :)

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
Forgive me. I have read your other posts but I didn't realize that you ordered a C&C and I just thought you were showing off the cage again. I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions.

When you get your C&C you will LOVE it!!! So easy to keep clean and your piggies personality will blossom. Congrats on your guinea pig and I hope you enjoy the site.

hilary

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry as well. This site is a great place for information and I don't want to be looked at as a mean person. I'm excited for you to get Willow a friend! She'll be so much happier, I know my piggies are now, so that's a great thing you're doing. Sorry again for jumping to conclusions also.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.