Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Congress suspends Animal rights for Rats, Birds and Mice.

A

AngelicumCavy

Congress suspends Animal rights for Rats, Birds and Mice.

I'm on our school library when I spotted a January 2003 of "Discover MAgazine" that has the "Top 100 Science Stories of 2002" feature.

I was amazed of an art that represents Birds, Mice and other rodents as Laboratory Animals, The drawing is consist of a mice inside a tube holding a bird and they're both on fire, the whole page is dedicated to the art. It spots as No. 47 of all the 100 top science stories.

Here's the whole article:

LAST MAY CONGRESS PLAYED with definitions while amending the animal welfare act. Even small children might be surprised to discover that their representatives in Washington no longer considered rats, mice and birds use as laboratory experiments as animals, or at least animals worthy of protection.
Senator Jesse Helmes the retiring 81 year-old Republican conservative from North Carolina, slipped in the ammendment to a farm bill at last minute, and was approved by a voice vote, which means no one's vote is on the record. Pres. Bush signed the law.
However, lab researchers around the country may have been granted only a temporary reprieve. Marcia Kramer, director of legal and legislative programs at the National Anti Vivisection Society, noted: "what can be legislated can be un-legislated"
-Jeffrey Winters

Attachments

phone pix 087.jpg phone pix 085.jpg
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.