Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introducing Romeo

madakri

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone, I would like to introduce the newest member of my Guinea Pig Family "ROMEO".

I adopted Romeo yesterday from Carzy Cavies in Ft. Lauderdale Florida.

He was originally named Spike but I already have a spiky and besides, this beutifull little thing went and stole my heart, therefore I named him Romeo.

Romeo is a long haired male Peruvian, one less for them to eat ;-), he is 1.5 years old and weighs 900 grams.

Before I went to pick him up, I put together a porable cage on wheels, which I'll post pictures off in my profile later on today, So by the time Jeremy (Crazy Cavies), me ,Chewy and Romeo got to know each other, I decided he would be the next addition to my piggie family.
Jeremy help me take Romeo down to the car as I was holding Chewy. Once we got in the car, I put Chewy in his carrier and then I showed Jeremy what I was going to be transporting Romeo in. He was quite impressed that I came so prepared; nice cage with fleece, water, veggies and Cavy cuisine.

As I was placing Romeo in his cage and giving him his necessities for the trip, Jeremy was standing behind me, I guess feeling like he was loosing a child.

Jeremy had Romeo for about one year.

After he saw the love and terderness in which I handle Romeo, he said " Ok spike, your going to be just fine, I can see that now".

Jeremy and I parted somewhat sad, he because he was giving up something that he care for and loved for a while and me because I felt that taking one alone was not enough.
For that reason I offered Jeremy my services in the event he might need a foster parent or someone to nurse babies or even just helping out with his rescue.

I was extremelly touched today by what I saw and how one person "CAN" make a difference.

I was so overwhelmed on the trip back home that it brought tears to my eyes.

I owe Cavy Spirit and the members in this forum much more than I had anticipated.
You have educated me and in return made me into a better parent for my piggies and the many more I know I will continue to adopt or foster.

Much Love :love:

MomtoO&O

Cavy Slave
Wow, first of all, Romeo is gorgeous!

Secondly, thank you for sharing that beautiful story! It actually moved me to tears. I feel very inspired by you!

madakri

Cavy Slave

Secondly, thank you for sharing that beautiful story! It actually moved me to tears. I feel very inspired by you!

Thank you, the feeling was and is still very overwhelming.
I can't wait until Jeremy calls for my help, it would make me so happy.
I'm glad you liked the story.

fieryone

Cavy Slave
He is such a sweetie! I love his punk rock hairdo :)

And this? I couldn't agree more!

I owe Cavy Spirit and the members in this forum much more than I had anticipated.
You have educated me and in return made me into a better parent for my piggies and the many more I know I will continue to adopt or foster.

Much Love :love:

I wish I did, but I don't have the room to foster guinea pigs for the GP rescue here in CT, but I did just sign up for iGive to support them since I'm an online shopping addict and I also plan on sending them some donations of pellets, hay, something.

blackarrow

Cavy Slave
Oh my goodness, what an adorable boy. He looks both sweet and punk, LOL.

Great post.

ferndalezoo

Cavy Slave
Romeo is gorgeous! I love his hairdo!

Oliversnana

Cavy Gazer

WOW THATS SO AWESOME:heart:!

Secondly, thank you for sharing that beautiful story! It actually moved me to tears.

Couldnt have said it better myself;)!

I love this forum and all the caring, loving people I have had the pleasure in learning from. I have learned so much here, everyday. I have not only became educated about my guinea pigs, but have learned that people.

It is so awesome to know that people really do care and have hearts. (Because these days people like us :D are very few and very far between.)

Last edited:

madakri

Cavy Slave
Thank you all very much for the warm welcome and for sharing my feelings torwards this site.

This is Romeo's (previously known as Spike) life story that I copied of Crazy Cavies adoption site:

Hi my name is Spike and I am a male guinea pig that is black and orange and has Crazy hair!! It also is very long and all over the place. My personality matches my hair and I love to run around in my cage with my friends. I am a long-haired peruvian mix.

I am very skittish right now because I was slated to be euthanized before being saved by Crazy Cavies. I was dropped off at a Humane Society and they don't really keep small animals and euthanize them instead. Luckily one of the people knew of Crazy Cavies and called them and told them about me and the other 6 that were dropped off at the same time.

I am looking for a forever home that has patience and will not do the best with children right now. I would rather go to an experienced guinea pig home so I get the attention and necessary grooming I need.

If you are interested in me and have a lot of patience and love to give I would be glad to meet you and see if you match my needs! All you have to do is email Crazy Cavies for an application and fill it out. Be sure to read over the policies on their website to make sure you meet the requirements to adopt from them. They are simple and easy to follow! See you soon!!

madakri

Cavy Slave
My Romeo is adjusting very well, but I'm sure if he could speak he would probably say; "woman, give me a break!" I can't seem to be away from him very long, hugging, kissing him and showing him off to my neighbors and of course, you guys.

Romeo is very sweet and smart, I think he knows he kind of struck gold, in the sence that he knows he is loved and taken care of properly.
He seems so at peace and comfortable.

I finally settled him in my two story Ferret cage for the required two weeks quarantine.

He is eating and drinking but not as much as my other piggies, I guess it will take a few days for him to completely settle in.
He is mostly sleeping, I don't blame him, a new home, new humans, all the attention, the grooming and the long ride home las night. Poor thing, he must be exhausted.

I called my vet and added him to our check-up appointment on April 11th.

Hopefully we will get a good bill of health. ❤️

madakri

Cavy Slave
Morning all - update on Romeo.

He is doing very well, eating his veggies and little by little getting to know his new human family. He's adjusting very well. Extremely swett little guy which sleeps most of the time.

I've had a change of heart with the name though.

For those of you whom have children, specially boys, there's this Japanese animated cartoon called: Dragon Ball Z, the main character's name is Goku.
Goku's character is that of a sweet, caring all around good guy with spiked black hair.
When Goku turns into his super powers, his hair grows longer and spikier and into a gold color.

I think "Goku" is the perfect name for my Romeo, it fits him to the "T".

So it's final, Goku it is.

Wheek Weak

Cavy Slave
Thank you, so much, for giving Goku such a good home.

I too am a better piggy parent because of this site, so I can relate to your sentiment.

Good luck with his checkup and may he live a long, healthy life with you!

starshine123102

Cavy Slave
Madraki, Goku is ADORABLE! I love the hair. :love:

I wish I did, but I don't have the room to foster guinea pigs for the GP rescue here in CT, but I did just sign up for iGive to support them since I'm an online shopping addict and I also plan on sending them some donations of pellets, hay, something.

I was just there today looking at two of their neutered males. She just bought 15 boxes of KM hay and she said she spent around $900! She currently has about 31 piggies, some of them sanctuary pigs and goes through about 2 45lb boxes a month. :eek:

madakri

Cavy Slave
Thank you, so much, for giving Goku such a good home.

I too am a better piggy parent because of this site, so I can relate to your sentiment.

Good luck with his checkup and may he live a long, healthy life with you!

Thank you wheek, I haven't seen much of you lately, good to hear from you.

Wheek Weak

Cavy Slave
Thanks madakri!

I don't get on as much as I would like to because of working so dog-gone much! There never seems to be enough hours in the day!

madakri

Cavy Slave
Thanks madakri!

I don't get on as much as I would like to because of working so dog-gone much! There never seems to be enough hours in the day!

I know exactly what you mean!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.