PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Florida!

iAl3X
03-26-09, 07:47 pm
Hello, just joined the site. Made my first C&C cage this evening and noticed the forums link, decided I would check it out.

Ive been a cavy owner for several years. My first guinea pig was Penny (RIP) and she was a great pig! Second was Sweet Potato (Tater for short, RIP). Sweet Potato came pregnant which is where I got my third cavy, Spiffy (RIP).

Currently I have three pigs, Id like to get a fourth, but three is fine for now. i have Kiwi (smooth coat, tan and white), Ginger (red Abyssinian), and Kirby (Peruvian multi-color).

Kirby is the baby of the group as she is only two to three months old.
Heres a few pictures of my pigs:
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u35/abyssalfaction/100_0722.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u35/abyssalfaction/100_0725.jpg

Besides taking care of my pigs I enjoy gaming on my Xbox, and theres not much more besides that. :crazy:

Hopefully ill enjoy my time here at the forums.

Edit:
The picture of the C&C cage shows a small store bought cage, and newspaper. I just wanted to say that the store bought cage was NOT the one they were living in before, it was a cage my cousin gave to me years ago and I am using the base as a temporary litter box.

The newspaper is not their normal bedding either, I just put them in while there was only newspaper because they were getting quite excited in their old cage, they must have known something was going on!

They also usually have much more hay.

xDardentlove
03-26-09, 07:49 pm
Welcome to the forum! Your piggies are absolutely adorable!!=D

iAl3X
03-26-09, 07:52 pm
Welcome to the forum! Your piggies are absolutely adorable!!=D

Thank you, you have some nice pigs aswell.

Allyson
03-28-09, 01:59 pm
CUTE!! Where in Florida are you at? I'm near Melbourne :D

hilary
03-29-09, 11:46 am
Very cute piggies! I don't know if you typically use aspen or carefresh for bedding, or something else but I'd highly reccommend fleece :) Check out the thread (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/bedding/21568-fleece-project-study.html) about it. And welcome!

iAl3X
03-29-09, 12:15 pm
Very cute piggies! I don't know if you typically use aspen or carefresh for bedding, or something else but I'd highly reccommend fleece :) Check out the thread (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/bedding/21568-fleece-project-study.html) about it. And welcome!

Ya I'm using fleece now, I had to go to Kohl's and buy it the next morning though.

I used to use aspen before building their C&C, but now plan on doing newspaper < towels < fleece. Still have to find some cheap towels but their on their fleece now.

And Daytona area.

hilary
03-29-09, 02:04 pm
Oh sweet. I've heard you can find cheap towels at the dollar store, those work just fine. Probably Walmart and Target too.

Peggysu
03-29-09, 03:19 pm
Welcome and Cute Pigs!

madakri
03-29-09, 03:26 pm
Oh sweet. I've heard you can find cheap towels at the dollar store, those work just fine. Probably Walmart and Target too.

When I switched to fleece about a couple of weeks ago, I used up all of my regular towels including my dogs towels.
The other day I went to get a towel prior to showering and guess what? No towels. ;-)
Had to run to walmart in a hurry.

But you know, you really can't ever have enough towels when you have so many pets. It's like the vets office, they're always asking for towel donations.

hilary
03-29-09, 03:32 pm
When I switched to fleece about a couple of weeks ago, I used up all of my regular towels including my dogs towels.
The other day I went to get a towel prior to showering and guess what? No towels. ;-)
Had to run to walmart in a hurry.

But you know, you really can't ever have enough towels when you have so many pets. It's like the vets office, they're always asking for towel donations.

Haha I definitely agree. I finally have two sets so when I do a total clean twice a week, I already have a set to use under the clean fleece and the others are in the wash. It works great now.

iAl3X
03-29-09, 05:01 pm

Ill check there, I was thinking a thrift store may have them but they may not be very absorbent anymore.

Oliversnana
03-29-09, 10:59 pm
Welcome! Your piggies are sooooooo cute.