Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Birthday Surprise

Nymphae

Cavy Slave
The birthday of my first guinea pig Nymphae is coming up in April 25th (or close to it, I'd need to check to be sure..). And I wanted to do something special with her and Leila's cage to celebrate it. It looks rather bland and I thought my piggies would enjoy a slight change of scenery! I would anyway.. :p

Have you guys ever made a theme-cage? What are suitable items to use for these cages that aren't dangerous to their health? (Plastic flowers are a no-no!) And the most fun part, could you perhaps show me an example of a good theme-cage! lol

A little side-info:
The cage I've got consists out of an average petstore cage, put inside a huge run with a thick load of newspapers on the floor. It's got a hangmat, one of these.. pipe thingies and a plush bed.

Nymphae

Cavy Slave
AnimalHouse36: Yep, exactly what I meant! Thanks! :D
About the fleece. It says the urine will go through it, but then it would damage the floor. Should I still put the newspapers under it or should I go with something like towels instead to absorb it?

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave
You should put an absorbant material under it. I use puppy pads.

Some people use a mix. Like puppy pads, towels, and newpaper. You should experiment until you find what works for you.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.