PDA

View Full Version : Coroplast Alternatives C&C cages

meghannmariexx
03-24-09, 12:51 pm
I am thinking of getting a C&C cage, but I am wondering if there are any alternatives for the cloroplast?

Amethyst
03-24-09, 01:14 pm
This may not help much, but I used a old campaign sign that I found on the side of the road. If you look through the photo gallery you'll see all kind of interesting alternatives, you can use linoleum or for a temporary thing you can use a heavy duty shower curtain until you can find coroplast.

meghannmariexx
03-24-09, 01:16 pm
Do you mean like an old For Sale sign, and could I use like the big garage sale signs they sell at the dollar store?

guineapigluver1
03-24-09, 01:19 pm
Other alternatives are plywood with a shower curtain or tarp on top of the plywood and linoleum. I think there are a couple more, but I don't remember them, if there are. Check out the Alternative C&C cages gallery.

meghannmariexx
03-24-09, 01:20 pm
Thanks. (:

Amethyst
03-24-09, 01:21 pm
Do you mean like an old For Sale sign, and could I use like the big garage sale signs they sell at the dollar store?

What I used was an old political campaign sign, but I think that For Sale signs would work also...though I've never seen one big enough to do an entire cage. You'll want to make a 2x4 grid cage (or at the very least a 2x3), and that means a 68" x 39" piece of coroplast, which is rather huge.

meghannmariexx
03-24-09, 01:24 pm
What I used was an old political campaign sign, but I think that For Sale signs would work also...though I've never seen one big enough to do an entire cage. You'll want to make a 2x4 grid cage (or at the very least a 2x3), and that means a 68" x 39" piece of coroplast, which is rather huge.

Maybe I could get two or more For Sale signs.

Amethyst
03-24-09, 01:28 pm
Maybe I could get two or more For Sale signs.

That would be a bit harder to plan and cut, but it would work. :) That was what I was originally planning to do with campaign signs, but I got lucky and found a huge one.

meghannmariexx
03-24-09, 01:30 pm
Thanks for the help! :)

fieryone
03-24-09, 01:59 pm
I use linoleum for now. I found a scrap roll of it at Home Depot for about $5. But I am going to (try to) get some coroplast soon since I am redoing my cage.

The linoleum has worked well for me, but since I ordered new mesh grids to use for the back of the cage (too many rogue poops are falling behind my cage lol) I can't use the same piece that I have now. It isn't as sturdy as I imagine coroplast is so I had to punch holes in it and zip tie it to the grids to make it stay up.

meghannmariexx
03-24-09, 02:14 pm
Oh okay thanks. :)