Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Litter Training Cool Idea For Litter Pan

Piggy1928

Cavy Slave
Hey guys,

So I've finally got a litter area/concept that I put into play about a week ago. What I did was go out and find a small baking pan (about 10cm x 5cm). I took a section of news paper folded it down to fit in the pan then have polar fleece attached with binder clips.

I am going to sew a pouch for the polar fleece with 3 sides permanently sewed closed and the 4th side will be velcro. This way my 3 guys won't be able to get at the paper.

It's great because changing it every 2 days or so extends the length of the fleece between washes.

Does anyone else use this idea, or for that matter does anyone understand what I've done?

lissie

Cavy Slave

Piggy1928

Cavy Slave
One would think it's small, but my guys always went in the one corner. The size is the exact size that they always go in. I'd like to keep the pan because even with the pan, they move it around from time to time so the weight keeps it in place. For my application, it couldn't be any more perfect.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.