Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

c and c cage purchased here

mom to cujo

Cavy Slave
I ordered my cage from this site and received it this afternoon. I have to say that I am very disappointed. The way the coroplast was scored to fit in the box for shipment made a hole right through the coroplast. Everything was thrown around inside the box so that it took some time to find everything. The oroplast, with the holes no less, seems extremely flimsy. I am really disappointed that for almost 100$ this is what I was given to attempt a cage with. I guess I should've tried it on my own.

NancyO

Cavy Slave
mom to cujo said:
I ordered my cage from this site and received it this afternoon. I have to say that I am very disappointed. The way the coroplast was scored to fit in the box for shipment made a hole right through the coroplast. Everything was thrown around inside the box so that it took some time to find everything. The oroplast, with the holes no less, seems extremely flimsy. I am really disappointed that for almost 100$ this is what I was given to attempt a cage with. I guess I should've tried it on my own.
Oh no!! I'm sorry to hear that. Did you email Sue privately? I'm sure she would try to make things right. I just ordered the 4 x 2 cage, but haven't received it yet.

Nancy

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
The hole in the coroplast may have happened due to the way it was handled by the shippers. The coroplast is like cardboard but made out of plastic. It will be flexible but it is very durable.

mom to cujo

Cavy Slave
Yes, I emailed Sue, but haven't heard back from her. We will try to seal up the holes, but I really was quite disappointed.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
There's nothing about the shipping or packing or anything Sue would do that would make the coro 'flimsy.' Have you seen Coroplast before? It is what it is.

And yes, we do explain on the site that you -should- try it yourself. I've personally 'ordered' one of Sue's cages and it was quite fine. Yes, inside the box there isn't a preformed styrofoam to keep every piece in place. But it's grids, connectors, cable ties, and coroplast.

Everything was thrown around inside the box so that it took some time to find everything. Even if you dumped the whole package out and everything was mixed together, it's not that hard to sort out. 3 minutes maybe.

Not sure what the holes are from--perhaps shipping--as suggested, but other than that, you should be able to make the cage just fine. Perhaps your expectations of what the C&C cage is needs some adjusting? Most people rave about Sue's cages. I'm sure she'll respond.

mom to cujo

Cavy Slave
I am sure that it will all come together and be a great cage for Cujo. I guess maybe my expectations were a bit different. I was able to seal up the holes where the coroplast was scored to fold for shipping and hopefully everything will work out fine. I certainly am not trying to discourage anyone from buying one of Sue's cages. It probably is just me. Once we set it up I will update and I'm sure I will be telling everyone that Cujo loves it and I must have been in a bad mood or something!

pennick

Cavy Slave
I also purchased one 4 weeks ago. The coroplast was not cut evenly so one side is a little wider than the other. Also there was no instructions. I was able to figure it out without the instructions. As for the uneven coroplast, I figured If I did it myself it still wouldnt be as good as Sues. All in all I was very happy. Maybe Sue will send you another coroplast.

John4216

Cavy Slave
I bought my 4X5 and 2X4 upper from here and my 4X5 is acutally 2 put together and I must say it is a great cage!! She added extra coroplast pieces for me, was extremely nice and helpful about constructing it and overall it was a great experience. As for coroplast being flimsy...well it is and it isn't. Coroplast is extremely durable as a cage material yet it is light so it can be easy moved for cleaning and such. If this was a metal cage it would be quite heavy and not very sanitary after awhile plus metal conducts heat/cold much better than coroplast so its more uncomfortable. As for a hole in it, that is probably from the shipping process. Its sad to here you had a bad experience and I hope things work out.

NancyO

Cavy Slave
Sometimes UPS really just doesn't take care of their shipments IMO. I have gotten several packages from them that looked like they were run over by a truck. Recently I got a Christmas package from my mother and it was quite squished. I am a bit worried about getting my cage just because of UPS.

Thanks
Nancy

mom to cujo

Cavy Slave
Just to update...We went out and purchased some more cubes for a base and got the cage up and running! I was able to seal the fholes in the coroplast and Cujo is loving his new palace. I guess I overreacted initially, but all is now well in the land of Cujo! Thanks, Sue, and I am sorry if I caused any worry to anyone ordering one of Sue's cages. It worked out wonderfully and we love it!

ChadWPB

Cavy Slave
What size cage did you get? We need pics of Cujo is his new home!

For what it's worth, I'm mechanically declined, yet I managed to put a few C&C's together from scratch.

mom to cujo

Cavy Slave
I got a 2 x 4 and built a base two grid high underneath for storage. I bought curtains to hang completely around the base of the cage, moved 3/4 of my livingroom furniture into storage and....voila..a piggie palace. I feel so great that we did this for my boy and this weekend we are driving a couple of hours upstate for Cujo to meet a perspective roommate. A rescue in upstate NY is meeting me halfway and I am so excited. My daughter says I am a loser because I am constantly educating myself on this site but I really love piggies and I couldn't be happier!!!. I will try to get pics up asap.

Thanks to all!!

mom to cujo

Cavy Slave
ChadWPB said:
What size cage did you get? We need pics of Cujo is his new home!

For what it's worth, I'm mechanically declined, yet I managed to put a few C&C's together from scratch.
Just posted a picture in open cage gallery if you are interested!

citronsoul

Cavy Slave
It looks great!!!

And I hope that things work out with his new buddy! They've got lots of room to play together in.

pennick

Cavy Slave
Very nice. Give it a week maybe you will get the urge to bid a 2nd level.

CCcages

Cavy Slave
I've just been catching up on the forums today, I've been sick all last week with the flu and pneumonia, it wasn't pretty. Thank you to everyone who was patient with their cage shipment!

'mom to cujo' had emailed me that the box was damaged in shipment. I immediately offered to send another, but as you read, she's all set. I just wanted to let everyone know that if there is EVER a trouble with a damaged cage when you receive it, please email me right away. I will immediately send out a replacement of the damaged piece. I have to say, I don't think I've ever had to do that - not even once! Packing the grids with the coroplast is an ongoing chore. I try my best to make it tight so there's no movement. However, UPS as we all know, isn't always gentle.

Also, if anyone does receive anything damaged, please don't throw away the box or the packing. A UPS claim rep will come to inspect it within a couple days so the claim can be processed. This would not, however, delay a replacement that I'd send out right away.

If anything is missing, such as instructions, please email me. I can email you the complete instructions instantly.

To Pennick: I'm not sure what you mean about the coroplast wider on one side? If so, I apologize. I made a tool a long time ago that ensures I get an consistent cut on all 4 sides, but my hand can slip I suppose! Again, I'd be happy to replace it. As I said, I've not had to replace anything so far, so for the few of you who are unhappy, it's not a big deal to send out a free replacement. I figure I'd have to do it sooner or later!

To sum up: Please email me or call me, (my phone number is right on the package label). I want you to be happy with your purchase. Thanks!

Poohbear
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.