Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Not new here but have a new piggy

wehowardjr

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
Month or so ago added another piggy to my group. Now I have 5 girls.

This is Punkin
100_4328.jpg

Since it's been awhile since I've been here I would like to reintroduce my girls.

Queen Annabelle
100_4326.jpg

Penny
100_4316.jpg

Missy
100_4320.jpg

Reese (Named after the peanut butter cup)
100_4321.jpg

In a couple weeks I am going to a rescue to adopt 1 or 2 more.

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave
You have adoooorable piggies! I especially love Missy and Reese. :)

Rozzie102

Cavy Slave
Aww! They are SO sweet!lol

jamie15701

Cavy Slave
Too darn adorable! My fave is Penny! Love her hair!

wehowardjr

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
Too darn adorable! My fave is Penny! Love her hair!

Penny is a doll. She is an attention hog who has to have her nose in everything going on. On her hips she has hair sticking out, you can see it in the photo. They look like wings and she's ready for take off. :p

IluvePiggies

Cavy Slave
Penny is a doll. She is an attention hog who has to have her nose in everything going on. On her hips she has hair sticking out, you can see it in the photo. They look like wings and she's ready for take off. :p

Ha! I have an American Guinea Pig who is also an attention hog! If I'm feeding Sandy first, she'll climb on her cage as if she's saying "Where's my food! I'm the youngest and cutest! Pick me!"
But your piggies are very adorable...so if you add 1-2 more you'll have 6 or 7! Wow! Is it hard taking care of so many piggies?:melodrama
Well good luck finding new additions. And good luck taking care of 6 or 7 Guinea Pigs!
Update us when you get the new 1-2!(which I'm sure you will!)
:D

akstrohm

Cavy Slave
They are all adorable, but I have to say, Reese is my favorite!

IluvePiggies

Cavy Slave
I don't know who is my favorite. They are all very adorable. But if I could make them number order, here's what they would be in:
Penny
Punkin
Missy
Reese
and then Queen Annabelle in a close 5th.

WICavy

Cavy Slave
I love your piggies! I think they are all very cute and spoiled :)

IluvePiggies

Cavy Slave
Yes.....I hope they found 1-2 new Guinea Pigs. She'll really have a herd then!

wehowardjr

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
But your piggies are very adorable...so if you add 1-2 more you'll have 6 or 7! Wow! Is it hard taking care of so many piggies?:melodrama
Well good luck finding new additions. And good luck taking care of 6 or 7 Guinea Pigs!
Update us when you get the new 1-2!(which I'm sure you will!)
:D

Your little piggy sounds just like my Penny. I reach in to pet a couple to say "HI" and she runs over poking her head in like saying "Here I am, pet me".

I have taken care of 4 for a couple years now, since adding Punkin it's really no different. Just needed to add a little more food and an extra water bottle. I figure the same goes when I add one or two more, most likely two. Two little sisters, they are so adorable.

Garland
IL9812899196-1-x.jpg

Tinsel
IL9812899206-1-x.jpg

I am disabled with chronic back pain, neuropathy in my legs, feet and hands from spinal nerve damage causing extreme pain. These liitle critters are very theraputic for me. When I have them out for floor time or outside trimming the grass I at times forget about my pain. Then I don't have to rely on Oxy-Codone and muscle relaxers to help me make it through the day. Also, during the day I am home alone, they give me something to do, when I talk they listen and don't argue back. Told the wife that and she mentioned there was a nice warm place for me to go if I keep it up. lol She wasn't mad, she is a wonderful woman for not complaining about them. She actually enjoys them as well. She named Punkin before I even brought her home. The one major thing I see is when I take them all in for their regular checkup. That's going to be a small down payment on a house. LOL But it's all good, they are well worth the time and money spent. Beats the hell out of taking my money and sitting in a bar or blowing it on something useless.

It's going to be an adventure and I will share my experiences.

IluvePiggies

Cavy Slave
So that makes 7, correct? Where do you keep so many Cavies? I mean, you must have a pretty large cage for all those especially if you wanted extra space for them all!

wehowardjr

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
Yea, this Saturday I will be adopting 2 more making it 7 guinea pigs that run my life. I have 9 feet of wall off the living room dedicated to my pigs.

jamie15701

Cavy Slave
I was wondering how to convince my hubby to let me get more, all these piggies are making me want more!!!!

wehowardjr

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
Missy is the one who my daughter was bored with. Then months later I went to PetCo to pick up some Timothy Hay. On a shelf in their own cage was Annabelle and Penny someone dropped off for adoption. I signed all the papers loaded them into my truck. I stuck my head in the door and said to my wife, "Please don't be mad but I couldn't resist". Then walked in with Annie and Penny with their cage. She gave me a funny look but it soon went away. Same thing with Reese. Now she is cool with all the pigs because she knows they are better for me than all the drugs in the world that my doctors prescribe to me. She is looking forward to taking a ride with me to the rescue so I can pick up a couple more. She is a wonderful woman.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
It makes me miss my herd of 7 that I used to have. Most of my girls have crossed the rainbow bridge and are no longer with me now. I only have my two original sows.

Taking care of 7 is no harder really than taking care of 2-3. You just have to have the time to devote to that many. Veggie prep is a bit longer and cage cleaning takes an extra few minutes but the joys of having a large herd makes it all so worthwhile.

My favorite of your girls would have to be Missy. I so love orange pigs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.