Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Toy Question

cavy_cuddler

Cavy Slave
I've seen this at Walmart, but I wasn't sure if my pigs would play with it. I've read that some pigs like them and some pigs don't, so I figured I'd try it out. I'm pretty sure it's safe, but I just wanted to make sure.

Walmart.com: 8 In 1 Cage Ware: Activity Toy Bell Pets: Birds

I've tried ping pong balls, paper bags, and paper towel tubes, but they don't like any of them. I'm looking for some non-expensive toys to entertain them. Thanks in advance! :)

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
You'll find that some pigs just aren't interested in toys at all, no matter what you give them. Bird toys are generally safe for them so you could try it, just make sure they don't eat it or try to get that little thing out of the bell.

I used to have bird toys in my girls cage like little mirrors and toys with bells and I'd also give them cat toys. Now that my girls are in the 4-5 year age range, they could care less.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
I tried a similar toy with my pigs and they were generally terrified of the little bell. I don't know why.

You might find they like things like hay stuffed into paper towel or toilet paper rolls (without the paper, of course) more than anything you buy for them. Pigs are silly that way.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.