Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Go parents

Poohbear
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

sofiemuffins

Cavy Slave
My Mom contributed to my love for Piggies by getting me my first pig Eddie when I was 12! We were inseperable! Now that I'm 24 and no longer living in the same state-I have 5 piggies. My mom let me borrow $400 dollars to pay for an operation on one of my piggies...Then she said I didn't have to pay her back! I love my parents too.

citronsoul

Cavy Slave
My parents supply the veggies. That's about it. They're not piggie lovers.

BUT, they know how much Phoebe means to me. This week they took her to the vet for me because I've been busy with exams. They didn't have to, but she was in pain from mites & they knew how distressed I was about it. I really appreciate them helping me out. In the past they've usually rolled their eyes at me when I tell them she needs a checkup.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
citron, its the exact same with me. They are not animal people, but I know they care about them. They were really worried when they had mites. All they pay for is vegetables. I had to and still have to pay for everything else.

ParanoidEv

Cavy Slave
My mom gets home with veggies, just for the pigs, when she doesn't have to. She likes to buy all kinds of veggies just for them :D And while I make vegetable packages in Tupperware for when I'm away in the weekends, she still spoils them with more veggies!

Other than that, I pay everything. From the vet to the bedding. I am 19 and I wanted them, so I have full responsability for all costs.

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
My parents also pay for most of the general piggie stuff(Bedding, veggies, food). They claim to be completely neutral with the piggies and they don't really care, but yesterday I heard my mom go downstairs and say, "Hey my silly boys, how are ya doing?" I burst out laughing.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
I’m one of those parents. My daughter and I were at a local pet supply store and they had some Guinea Pigs for adoption (through the local SPCA) in the shop. My daughter wanted one of the guinea pigs. I decided it was reasonable and the GP was cute.

We took her home (with a useless book I bought) but we did manage to get Oxbow and good hay right away. I got online and researched. I found Cavy Spirit and promptly threw the GP book away.

The next week (knowing our girl wanted a friend) I went into the SPCA and was lucky to find one GP in there looking for a home. I surprised my daughter (and Daisy our pig) with a friend (Daffodil - Dilly for short).

I am the main care giver (as I knew I would be) and watch over our girls like a hawk (but not wanting to eat them). My daughter’s pets want for nothing. If it is for their health and happiness I will not deny the animals in our home.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
They pay for veggies, hay when I can convinve them to buy from kmshayloft (coming up soon, aargh!), bedding, and the vet. I usually pay for pellets, toys, etc. etc.

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
DocDolittle said:
My parents also pay for most of the general piggie stuff(Bedding, veggies, food). They claim to be completely neutral with the piggies and they don't really care, but yesterday I heard my mom go downstairs and say, "Hey my silly boys, how are ya doing?" I burst out laughing.
My mom is exactly like that. She tell me she doesnt like rodents and has nicknamed them "the rats"

Poohbear

silkerlover

Cavy Slave
My dad pays for the veggies (the cheapest!), but I have to pay for everything else.

The Dumpling

Cavy Slave
My dad is an animal lover, my mom not so much. So when I was a kid I begged them for a guinea pig - my mom didn't know what they were (she asked if they were really pigs!=). Later on, I always took care of Piggy as I said I would - I cleaned her cage everyday. But as "neutral" as my parents claimed to be, I knew that they really liked Piggy. Piggy learned to recognize my dad's footsteps - as soon as she heard him walking down the stairs, she'd come running out and squealing at the top of her lungs. My dad ALWAYS went outside to get her grass, dandelions, and other treats. We kept the cage in the kitchen where we always hung out, so whenever my mom was preparing dinner, she'd give Piggy whatever vegetables she was washing. She claimed it was because she's was trying to get Piggy to be quiet, but I know it was because she thought it was cute - Piggy would come out, grab it out of her hand, and run back inside.

I love my parents for that!

tashagurl

Cavy Slave
My allowence is my pig supplies. If I want extra stuff like more hidy houses or hammocks(sp) I have to pay for it myslef. My mom doesnt really understand why I love my pigs so much, but she is really suportive of me. My mom is the reason I only have long-haired pigs though. She doesnt like rodents and she can pretend my pigs are little dogs or something.

Poohbear

coolcavies

Cavy Slave
My mum loves the pigs, my dad doesn't mind them, but he isn't mad about them. Mum doesn't spend much time with them, she pops out to the shed every week or two at the most, but whenever I bring someone in side for a cuddle she'll take them off me and sit with them for a while if she's not doing anything lol. My parents pay for all the regular stuff - bedding, food, etc...but I have to pay for any extras, like shop bought hidey houses or new grids/cages/outdoor runs.

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
sometimes I describe my pigs as little vegitarian dogs because I hate to say they are like a big hamster, its degrading lol

C

Chrissy

My parents pay for hay, food, litter, and the veggies. The veggies are just basicly what we eat anyways, so we just buy a little extra.

The one thing that they will not pay for, and I told them I don't want them to, is buying the cubes and coroplast for a C&C cage. My mom thinks its a waste of time, my dad is really for the idea, but doesn't want to upset my mom.

o0Ms Jenny0o

Cavy Slave
I got the idea of getting pigs when I broke my leg and had alot of time on my hands to sit on the computer and read about them. My mom originally said "no rodents" but she felt bad for me and my situation that when I was walking around I got to get them. It seems they like them about as much as I do! My parents watch them eat the veggies sometimes and I think to myself...what's so interesting about pigs eating? But I think they think it is funny how they just inhale them. The veggies are the only things they pay for but I don't have a problem with that as it was my idea to get them. If they bought them for me and made me pay for all the stuff I'd be upset, but that's not what went down.

lindsey's boys

Cavy Slave
I think my mom hates my pigs.

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
My mom dosen't like my pigs either, maybe it's because I have so many XD
I pay for everything, but my mom and dad used to pay for everything. Now, whenever I call my dad, he'll take me out and get stuff for them using his money. My mom says she's spent too much money on them as it is... sigh. But I'm lucky, my dad's going to pay for my fleece! ^.^
But I secretly think that my mom likes the pigs. When I bring them up sometimes she will take the pig away and sit down with them. I also think my brother likes them. He came home in the middle of the day once and started feeding them and petting them! He said it was because they wouldn't shut up, but I knew he was just lying. XD

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.