Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Got any IDEAS for my themed cage?

kalrik

Cavy Slave
I wanted a woody/nature themed cage for the new one I am building. My two pigs are currently in a 2x3 with a 1x2 second level. My new cage is going to be a 2x5 with a 2x2 top. I am so excited.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas for like forest-y parts let me know. What I have so far is the fiddlesticks for the ramp, those link n lodge hidey houses, dark green coroplast, and one of those hidey houses that look like a tree stump. I saw someone on here with a tree branch to hold their veggies and am thinking about taking that idea. I am also thinking about incorporating astroturf someone which I have heard suggested on this site. Anyway if anyone has any ideas like that, let me know.

lindsey's boys

Cavy Slave
I would put in a rock. I had one in my cage before and my pigs liked to chew on it. They also put their front feet on it, so it helped their nails.

lindsey's boys

Cavy Slave
Oh, and maybe a hammock or cozie with an outdoors print on it. (Post pictures once your cage is done)

lindsey's boys

Cavy Slave
Here are some more ideas:
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

kalrik

Cavy Slave
Thanks so much, those are all good ideas. I can make like a leopard print hammock or maybe leaf-y print with fleece. I found some reptile rocks that are big enough for a pig to go in, so that's going to work too. Thanks for all the good ideas.

Stereophobia

Cavy Slave
Probably a crazy idea, but maybe add a heavy plant tray with Cavia friendly plants for them to enjoy, perhaps some that have a undesirable flavour so they can hide arround them without chewing them up in the first five minutes.

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
Stereo, you made me think of this:
A veggie/pellet dish that is "foresty", like dark brown with leaves, a dark green, forest paintings on it. You could also get pictures of that, put them on the back wall, and cover it wiht pexiglass so the pigs can't get to them. That would be super cool, lining the inside and/or outside with a forest wallpaper of some sort. Also, kleenex boxes with forest prints, once you are done with them you can use them. If you use fleece(Carefresh/Kiln Dried/Aspen would probably look best with woodsy theme, but it's your decision) try to get a forest themed fleece. Good Luck!

kalrik

Cavy Slave
Thanks so much you guys these are great ideas.

I thought of using some sort of woody background for the wall behind it, but I never thought of getting some plexi glass, that would be perfect. Do you think I could get a print blown up at kinkos? I was going to get one of those rocky reptile crocks for the dish.

The bedding makes me sneeze (I have aspen right now) so I am going to be changing to fleece. I am going to get dark green, brown, and a leafy or foresty one. Yesterday I began construction, just the base is up (it's going to be two grids high). Oh and Stereo, I was thinking of getting a tray of like wheatgrass so they actually could eat it. I saw that someone else did that on this forum (I think it's under toys). Is that safe for them to have all the time?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.