Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cheap Little Bed

pigluvinARK

Cavy Slave
I went into Dollar Tree the other day and found the cutest little thing for a bed. They are stackable containers with a little lip on the front. I have one zip tied in each of the upper cages that way they can still run on the floor. They are hard plastic, so I am going to make a fleece pad to put in it to make it softer. But as of right now I just have their cozy sacks in them. I got one of all four colors that they had. Luke has blue, Layla has red, Butterscotch and Tootsie have white and black. The last two I am going to try stacking them for a bunkbed effect. I am going to zip tie the top one to the cage to keep them from flipping it when trying to get in the top.

I will try to get a pic of the top ones up later on. And the bunkbed style one as soon as I get fleece cut to put in them. But they were so cheap and easy to do!

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I know exactly what you are talking about. I use the same in my rats cages for potty boxes.

fieryone

Cavy Slave
I have something kind of like this in my cage, too. Different item, but a similar sounding concept. I used a wire shelf that they sell for cabinets to organize dishes and such. I flipped it upside down and zip tied it to the top of the cage and then I use a folded piece of fleece to make it soft. They use it as a loft and it doesn't take away any floor space. They love it! There's always someone in one of the lofts (we have one at each end of the cage). I think it helps that one of the lofts gives them perfect access to the hay rack :)

Last edited:

pigluvinARK

Cavy Slave
I know exactly what you are talking about. I use the same in my rats cages for potty boxes.

I never thought about that! I may have to try that. Hopefully it won't confuse them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.