Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

He died..

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
Yea, my bird died yesterday. I came home from school and everyday afterschool I feed Chirpy, and talk to him, but I came home, and uncovered his cage, and he was lying on the floor, dead...It's so hard to have him gone. He was my world..(not to sound stupid or anything)..I took him everywhere with me. I noticed a tumor on him, so I went to a petstore and got him some medication, and I thought it was helping. So a part of me is gone now. It will always be gone now. Chirpy used to be in the computer room, where I always am, but now there is nothing on te table where his cage was..it's quiet around the house. My sister had tears of joy in her eyes(literally) because she hated chirpy, when I told her that he died, she like screamed and was so happy. People are so incopetant.

joab97

Cavy Slave
So sorry. My mom had her bird operated on..but he was too sick.
Your sister isnt much for support is she? So sorry again.

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
No, she's not.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Emily F. said:
My sister had tears of joy in her eyes(literally) because she hated chirpy, when I told her that he died, she like screamed and was so happy. People are so incopetant.
Emily

I'm sorry for your loss. However I'm more sorry for the indescribable cruelty and callousness your sister showed you. I’m old enough to have lost more then a few pets in my time and I understand how hard it is to lose a pet you loved. Unfortunately, like you, I also know how much more awful it is when someone you care about treats your pain like a toy.

From your profile I can see you are 14. How old is your sister? If she’s older (or not much younger) she should have the compassion to understand that gloating over your pet’s death is just plain wrong. I think some extra emotions must have built up in you over being treated so horribly. Personally I recommend talking to your sister and telling her how much worse she made you feel and that her treatment of you was cruel. If you don’t think you would be able to get through a talk with her you may want to write her a letter telling her how you feel. Heck reading your post made me want to write her a letter.

I have 2 children and if ever one of them treated another person’s pain with such callousness they would be in BIG trouble. I would be horribly disappointed in them.

You need to purge the hard feelings your sister caused and she needs to know that what she did was wrong...no matter how much she hated your bird. There is a big difference between hating your sister’s pet and loving your sister. She seems to have confused the two. Compassion should have been what she provided to you not more heartache.

If you want to show her this post feel free. Maybe it will help break the ice.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Great post, voodoojoint. I agree, that was totally uncalled for. I'm so sorry for your loss and that she felt the need to be callous about the whole thing.

cavylover_76

Cavy Slave
I'm very sorry for your loss. I've never owned a bird to get close to, but I know how I felt when my dog died as a child, and when my cat recently passed. If someone I loved treated me as your sister treated you I can't imagine what I would say.

How very immature of her. Talk to your Mom about it. Mom's have a way of getting through. In the mean time, ignore her cruelty as best you can. What goes around comes around.

Sorry for your pain,
Marie

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.