Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Size Is 3x2 enought for two piggies?

Miss.Kiada

Cavy Slave
right now i have my bella in a 2x3 c&c cage and im thinking about getting her a friend. I would like to make her cage a 4x2 if i get her a friends but i cant find a table (that is under $200 the right size to put the cage on. Also she's in my room and gets dialy visits from my mom and younger siblings but we also have a dog so i really dont wnat her near the floor. so what do you think? is a 2x3 gonna be too small for tow piggys? let me know thanks

lissie

Cavy Slave
You can build a stand from another box of grids. It's much cheaper than buying new table. I don't think 2x3 will be enough. My 2 boars fight when they were in 2x4. Now they're in 2x6.

Omnimous

Cavy Slave
right now i have my bella in a 2x3 c&c cage and im thinking about getting her a friend. I would like to make her cage a 4x2 if i get her a friends but i cant find a table (that is under $200 the right size to put the cage on. Also she's in my room and gets dialy visits from my mom and younger siblings but we also have a dog so i really dont wnat her near the floor. so what do you think? is a 2x3 gonna be too small for tow piggys? let me know thanks

The following link shows a table that I use for a 2x5 cage with no issues what-so-ever. Not the more elegant table, but you can put a cloth of some sort over it to pretty it up. I paid less, as it was on sale when I bought it, but it's still a lot less expensive than 200$. It keeps the cage around waist high, so it's a nice height for viewing, too.

(broken link removed)

Gnome_Sayin

Cavy Slave
You could also go to the local hardware store and purchase a piece of 1/2 inch plywood or particle board.. have them cut it to the proper length for your new cage. Center the board on your table and put the cage on top. The plywood should have no problem supporting the weight of the over hanging cage.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.