Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pepsi Box Hay Rack

Mary16866

Cavy Slave
Can anyone tell me how to make a hayrack out of a pepsi box? I saw a picture of one in the gallery but i wanted to make sure i was going to do it right. If anyone has any other ideas to make one that would be great to. I only need one big enough for a medium amount of hay! I'm only going to be getting two piggys.

BubuCandyBlue

Cavy Slave
I use a bigger tissue box. On one it already has a hole (bigger then the piggies head), but I make one more on another side. And I put hay in and that's it. Same goes for the pepsi box.

MissPriss16

Cavy Slave
I did the pepsi box idea, I saw a picture as well.
I used to use a tuber ware container but Lucy kept sitting inside it to eat and pooing everywhere, which meant I had to clean it out everyday.

I just cut the pepsi box in half, I put some packing tape on all the edges, I cut an opening lower to the ground so that the hay would stick out and she could get it... unfortunately she some how figured out how to get her rump inside the pepsi box through the opening I cute, so I had to take it away. I was afraid she might get her head stuck or something :sorry:

tehdoc809

Cavy Slave
I do the same thing, its much cleaner.

First off, I cut it in half. Then cut one of the sides completely off. Next I put four slits to put zip ties through. Put the Longer exposed side up to the grids, Zip tied it to the side of the cage and stuffed it with hay.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.