Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Wet Cage

B

Babehgurl12

Wet Cage

just recently, i noticed that my piggie's cage smells really bad (like urine) and is always wet. So, i have to clean it out atleast twice a day, evry day. i don't know if he's been urinating over in that half of the cage a lot, or if his water bottle is leaking. if it's his water bottle, how do i get it to stop leaking? ive tryed over 15 bottles and none seem to stop the leaking...wut should i do????!!!!
~barb

Attachments

DSC00368.jpg DSC00361.jpg
N

Nibblet8

Re: Wet Cage

I keep a small bowl underneath where the water bottle is so it drips into that. I empty it out every time i refill that water bottle (daily).

(broken link removed)

Attachments

DSC00361.jpg DSC00376.jpg DSC00370.jpg
B

bebegrl7

i put a piece of brick under my water bottle so the water would soak into it

SuperCavyLover

Cavy Slave

I've tried to put a small bowl under the waterbottles, but the piggies knock it over.

Thankfully though now I have waterbottles that NEVER leak and I don't have to put anything under them except a tide more bedding. It helps a bottle not to drip if you fill it up all the way with water.

I not only use waterbottles, but I also use water bowls. The piggies drink water from both. I have noticed that some like drinking out of the bowls more than the water bottles.

Variety is the spice of life! ;)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.