Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

To: The Star Gardner

T

Tiffcavylover

To: The Star Gardner

Hi!

I just realized when I responded to your posting that you were the same person who said something to me in another posting about bedding. Is it bad to use the pine scented bedding? I like to keep the odors away. If it is bad then what else can I use that will take away the odors? If you want to e-mail me you can at [email protected]:D

SuperCavyLover

Cavy Slave
Re: To: The Star Gardner

Don't use scented bedding, as CavySpirit(Teresa) said in an earlier post. I've used many types of beddings- Pine, Carefresh, crittercare, and even towels a long time ago.

You shouldn't be having odor problems from your cage. How large is your cage? How many pigs do you have? How often do you clean your cage???

I got this cleaning recipe off of CavyCages.com:

Mix 1/2 water with 1/2 white vinegar in a spray bottle, and spray it on your cage before you add new bedding. Wipe dry afterwards. Some corners and spots in a cage will have stronger urine stains, so be sure and spray those spots very well.

This mixture does work! Give it a try :)

Attachments

photo (3).jpg photo.jpg photo (2).jpg asf.jpg
T

Tiffcavylover

Hey,

Thanks for getting back to me. I actually have two cages. One is very long and the other is like average sized I guess. But I clean them out once the week. Should I clean it more often than that?

Right now I am using Cedar bedding. Please don't tell me that's bad because I just went out last night to buy some for them. I am gonna try that vinegar thing too. Talk to you later.:D

SuperCavyLover

Cavy Slave

Sorry to have to tell you this, but Cedar should NOT be given as bedding to guinea pigs. It can give them skin problems. 8o

T

Tiffcavylover

Thanks so much for letting me know. Any other suggestions on what type of bedding to use?:)

Attachments

Midnight up close first day.jpg gracie.jpg me and the girls sleeping 2-25.jpg g and m snuggle on me 2-25.jpg
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.