Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage wanting to re-do some things in my girls cage.

kala83

Cavy Slave
I just got finished building my girls their first C&C cage but one thing I need to work on with the inside is I think there are about three grids in the cage that are out in the open that are blocking the running space for the girls,
I thought I had heard some girls say that you could put in Columns and give the girls some more running space. If any of you all have any suggestions please give them to me, I think I heard people saying you could use more coroplast or piping I am guessing you all mean the types of piping you can get at home depot? anyway please give me some advise so I can work on this and get it the way I would like it to be.

Omnimous

Cavy Slave
I had to do something for a second story support and didn't have time to run out and get anything elaborate. I ended up 'rolling' one of my spare grids (took a bit of strength, mind you) to make a column out of a grid. I was able to get it down to around a 2-3" diameter or so, then zip tied it so it wouldn't spread apart over time.

You may find it easier to buy a piece of 2-3" PVC pipe cut to length from a hardware store though.

Nelli

Cavy Slave
Piping from Home Depot was my solution.

kala83

Cavy Slave
I had to do something for a second story support and didn't have time to run out and get anything elaborate. I ended up 'rolling' one of my spare grids (took a bit of strength, mind you) to make a column out of a grid. I was able to get it down to around a 2-3" diameter or so, then zip tied it so it wouldn't spread apart over time. You may find it easier to buy a piece of 2-3" PVC pipe cut to length from a hardware store though.

lol its actaully ironic that you mentioned this cuz about 10 minutes after I posted this up I thought of doing that with some of my spare grids since I have tons that i use to make hay containers all the time for both my Guinea Pigs and my rabbit
it took a lot less work then I thought the ends of the grids actually snapped it the places on the round things (lol early in the morning and my mid is not recalling actual words sorry)
so the columns fit perfectly, the girls have lots more space now.

jenniwat001

Cavy Slave
I used cable ties (zip ties to you guys I think) in every grid space to attach it on all three sides (and the corner ones on all four sides) It is so strong now that it took my partner hopping on it to break it! (I had to try it out so my piggies were safe!) the ground floor has no poles or grids so there's 2x4 of full grid space for running around.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.