Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions Seizures

• Thread starter Miss. Hanzi Pig
  • Start date

Miss. Hanzi Pig

Cavy Slave
My guinea pig Tilly had a seizure on Monday night, and again yesterday morning. I think they have been caused by mites as she has been scratching alot recently, but I could be wrong. I've been researching mites on the internet and alot of sites have said Ivermectin will get rid of them so i'm going to ask the vet tomorrow when we go, but in the mean time if she has anymore seizures what should I do? Should I pick her up and hold her or just leave her in her cage and keep watch? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
What exactly does her body do when she siezes?

Seizure can be caused by severe cases of mites but other conditions can cause seizures as well.

Miss. Hanzi Pig

Cavy Slave
Her head looks like it goes really stiff, sometimes she sqeals, and lying in her side and curling up and then back out again. Afterwards she's fine though and just carries on doing what she was doing like going to her food bowl. I'm not sure wether to pick her up or not incase I make it worse, i've seen it happen twice but during the day while i'm out it could of happened again.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.