Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Guinea Pig!!

Sullivan

Cavy Slave
okay so i got a new guinea pig!!!.. I have had a few before.. and.. I have gotten them from a pet store:guilty: BUT.. This time after finding this site.. i started looking for Guinea pigs who needed to find homes.. I ended up finding a Woman who was running a Cavy Rescue about.. prolly an hour and a half away from me. I had the pleasure to meet 4 guinea pigs who were up for adoption,
Malfred- a Food crazed guinea pig!!.. he was 4 and HUGE! His owners just gave him up because they didn't want him anymore, poor guy.
Flash- a five year old piggy who had ben shown practically all his life, then after a succesful show career he was used for breeding and then all his kids and grandkids are also succsesful show cavies.. but after he hit five they just gave him up becuase he was "useless" blehh.. who would use those words? :mad:
Zippy- a 3 year old guinea pig who had ben treated pretty badly.. He was very frightened of people and if he heared a loud noise he would ZIP away! The woman worked with him so he was start to sleep with you.. he was very sweet.. he was also a BRIGHT orange.

and then there is Rudolph. A.K.A Ruddy.He's a Peruvian Satin long haired.. Very pretty.. He's such a cuddler.. and will purr when you pet him, and he's very quiet and loves to just sit with you and be petted and brushed. He's 5 months old. I ended up picking Him just because his personailty seems to fit mine.. were always watching tv together or at the computer.. or.. doing homework with each other.. (well me doing the work and him trying to eat it!)

I "wish" i could take all of them home but i could only take one:weepy: IF i do get the chance to get another one and She still has Manfred he will deff. be coming home with me.

Anyways! any suggestions about a cage.. He's in a smaller one right now just for the night and during the day he's practically out with me all the time.. Tomorrow or VERY SOON! I plan on running to Wall Mart and Mijers and getting stuff to build him a C&C cage!!!!!

and... sorry if i put this in the wrong place.. Im new here:eek:ptimist:

jade <3 piggies

Cavy Slave
What a cutie pie! Congratulations on your new friend. I am so glad that you are going to be giving it sucha good life in its brand new forever home.

Congratulations on your new little boy!

erikahand83

Cavy Slave
He has such a beautiful coat of hair. Rudolph is also a cute name, not something you hear very often and therefor makes him unique. Such a pretty boy, hope he has a good long life with you. I would suggest getting him a friend ASAP, since they do better in pairs though, preferably another male or a spayed female.

IluvePiggies

Cavy Slave
Very long hair but cute!

Clarion

Cavy Slave
Wow, what beautiful long hair! Better get him a guy friend because any girl is bound to be jealous of that mane :)

cavycrazy16

Cavy Slave
Your new piggie has very pretty hair!!!!

Sullivan

Cavy Slave
Thanks everyone : )
Yes, he has very long hair!!.. I love it tho.. I call him my personal Barbie doll since i love to just brush him. Im just so happy that i adopted him instead of going to a pet store.. i never knew any better till i found this forum.. so yay!

Anyways, yes, i do plan on getting him a buddy.. but Im not going to until they will have a bigger cage thats for sure!!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.