Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grids Are these cubes ok?

• Thread starter Stan&Ollie'sMum
  • Start date

Stan&Ollie'sMum

Cavy Slave
I've just received 2 boxes of these cubes
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-4PC-INTERLOCKING-TOY-STORAGE-CUBE-SHELVING-UNIT_W0QQitemZ270323496510QQihZ017QQcategoryZ122954QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247 (NEW 4PC INTERLOCKING TOY STORAGE CUBE SHELVING UNIT on eBay, also, Storage Units, Storage, Home Garden (end time 27-Feb-09 11:02:40 GMT))

When I ordered I thought they were the grid ones but they turned out not to be (mistake on my part).
These are OK to use though aren't they?
I've read some people mentioning ventilation issues but it will be an open top cage so they will be enough air circulating.
I just need to think of where I can place the water bottle. Any ideas? :confused:

Adorable

Cavy Slave
I use those in my kitchen and have a combination hay rack/water bottle holder (picture attached) but it required a couple grids.

If your cage is large enough and you keep it very clean, I don’t think ventilation is an issue but your pigs will not be able to see out and that takes away from being interactive.

I don’t know. With an oversized, lower cage, I wouldn’t hesitate to use those but if I couldn’t give them treats without having to stand on my tip toes, I’m not sure it would make a great cage in the long run. Can you find some grids or closet shelving for at least one part of the cage?

Deenanicole08

Cavy Slave
I have mesh grids in my boys cage, they are messy! It keeps them from throwing the hay out of the cage, and the disposable bedding out of the cage (along with poop). I have a regular grid in one spot to attach the water bottles. It works great for me.

Stan&Ollie'sMum

Cavy Slave
That would be a good idea to use one grid to attached the water bottle to.
Do you think this would easily connect with the cubes I have?

Hmmmm and where do you think I could get hold of a single one instead of buying a pack? Maybe it will have to do for now until I can get a pack and use them for the front of the cage?

The cage wont be really high, so I can still feed them treats etc without having to stand on my tiptoes, so it should be fine and I spot clean once in the morning and fully clean them out once at night.

Stan&Ollie'sMum

Cavy Slave
oh and just to add, they're not mesh cubes, more like plastic covering.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.