Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What do you think?

Patch

Cavy Slave
Ok, so I got my guinea pig from Petco about a year ago. They said he was given to them from some people that said he was really sick. They used cedar bedding and only fed him hay. They said they took Patch (the piggy) to the vet and nursed him back to health. Well I "adopted" him from there when he was better; he was free and came with the cage that he was brought to them in. The girl that mostly looked out for him said that the cage that they gave us was too small, and that she had guinea pigs at home that were in MUCH larger cages. She said that we should get him a bigger cage. Do you think this is maybe a chase of Petco being nice? Also they had another baby guinea pig that go scratched, they said he could no be sold because of this and had him up for "adoption" (he was free).

Patch

Cavy Slave
I think I was a little confusing in my first post but anyways when I said they brought him to the vet...i ment petco did and when I said they used cedar bedding and only fed him hay I meant the people who brought him to petco, mabey that clears it up a bit.

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave
I would keep an eye on your piggies for the next few days just to be safe also you should see if you have an exotic vet near by incase you have to take your piggie to the vet. Petco has many complaints and issues. Im not saying that your petco is bad but what Im saying is that there are many problems with petco. At least the girl who gave you the piggie was right about the cage and she has piggies too. check this site and you will know what I mean. (broken link removed). Good luck and hope all your piggies are fine and well.

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
Just because an employee said that, dosen't mean that Petco is good. They are always just in it for the money, not the animals. At least that girl was there to tell you!

Patch

Cavy Slave
Yes i know Petco isnt good, but I was just wondering what other people thought about this.

Patch

Cavy Slave
also it was over a year ago that I got my piggy so I think he is fine.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.