Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C 2x2 Mini-cage?

Dr Doughnut

Cavy Slave
Before you say "GUINEA PIGS NEED AT LEAST 7.5 SQUARE FEET 2x2 IS NOT 7.5 SQUARE FEET!!!", keep in mind that my two babies live in 2x5 cages for themselves. I have a 2x10 cage, and since they both fight, I had to split it. They have plenty of space.

I was thinking of a mini 2x2 cage to have in my room. Sometimes, I want to play with my guinea pigs, but I am busy, so all I can really do is pet them. I have extra computer chairs that they sit on, but of course, they don't have food, water, or hay while on the chairs.

I was thinking of a mini 2x2 cage to put next to me, something they stay in for maybe 1 to 3 hours, furnished with hay and water and food.

In addition, it would make a great quarantine cage, and I could probably make a way to collapse the legs of the cage to make a carrier...

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave
I was thinking about doing this so that my guiena pigs could get some human interaction in the "real" part of the house. I plan on making it soon!

I think a 2x2 might be a little small though. I was planning on a 2x3 since even though it's only for a bit, they'll probably be happier being able to be with everyone and will therefor popcorn and a 2x2 might make it hard to do so.

Hope I helped!

Dr Doughnut

Cavy Slave
2x3 is better, but since they already have a pretty large cage to begin with, and since this is just for playtime, a 2x2 is probably cheaper, plus I can hide it in my closet. 2x3 isn't really portable for me.

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave
Understandable. I have two females I'd have in the cage but you'd only have one male. Still, I'd push for 2x3. You could make it foldable by scoring the middle of it and could use zip ties to hold it together so it sort of retracts.

Even if it was only for a couple hours, 2x3 would be a bit better.

Simonmaal

Cavy Slave
You could use the same idea as me, which is so simple but totally flexible and very tidy.

I have a set of 15 cubes connected with cable ties that i set up for floortime and pack away afterwards. Set up takes about 10 seconds, as long as it takes to unfold the cubes and putting it away takes a similar amount of time. It gives me the flexibility to use it anywhere in the house, in any room and any shape (with a few towels underneath it of course to avoid me getting divorced!)

The whole thing folds neatly into a stack the size of a grid but only 2 or 3 inches thick. I can put it away and it takes up no space at all.

You could try that idea!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.