Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Just got one!

Fred89

Cavy Slave
Well I just got my guinea pig yesterday, he's still a little shy when he's in his cage but when I let him out he likes to play and wonder around the apart. and stuff. What I was making this whole tread about is there anything I need to know about taking care of him like the best bedding for him and stuff like that I am currently looking around the site and trying to find out more info on them as much as a can but if you have any additional info it would be rather great full. Also what do they need the most as in food, care, and attention?

Welcome to GPC!
Cedar and Pine (that is not kiln-dried) are both bad beddings. CareFRESH, Kiln-dried pine, aspen and fleece are the best beddings. If you want to save money, then you want to use fleece.

I am sort of new at this but do you mean fleece like the type of material, or is that what the "bedding" is called. If so can you like go out to walmart and buy fleece and just make it your self?

Fleece as in the material. Check out the thread titled "The Fleece Project: The Study" under the bedding sub-forum. It's a sticky thread. You can buy fleece blankets or by the yard, and you need an underbedding to absorb the pee.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.