PDA

View Full Version : A question about fleece

xxlizzybordenxx
01-27-09, 08:47 am
I have noticed that in many of the photographs of cages people seem to use fleece as an alternative for bedding.

Is this safe and or recommended?

i have read that MOST guinea pigs will not eat what isn't food. Even so I am nervous to put the fleece in the cage in fear of my guinea pig digesting it.

Also if u have the fleece as bedding is there a certain spot where u put a litter type bedding for them to go to the bathroom or do u just wash the fleece every few days?

Thank you for your time and response!

BubuCandyBlue
01-27-09, 09:00 am
I have noticed that in many of the photographs of cages people seem to use fleece as an alternative for bedding.

Is this safe and or recommended?

Yes, you have a litter box if you use only fleece bedding. You spot clean daily (poops and so), maybe change towels underneath the fleece two times per week if it is wet. The big cleaning is made once a week, when you get everything out (fleece, mattress pads underneath or towels) and wash them and rinse with vinegar (for the fleece to soak the pee, no fabric softener because it makes a protective layer on the fleece and it won't do the job anymore).

Enough said, everything you need to know about the fleece bedding read here please http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/bedding/21568-fleece-project-study.html