Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sandy and Mandy say Hi!

IluvePiggies

Cavy Slave
Hi! I have two Guinea Pigs named Sandy and Mandy. Sandy is almost two and I just adopted Mandy. Petco thinks she's two and half but I don't think so because she's so small. I adopted Sandy almost two years ago, August 11th at Petsmart. They are both very sweet. Mandy has a Cuddle-e cup and Sandy has a tunnel. because Sandy has a tunnel becuse Mandy came with a cuddle-e cup along with two food dishes, a water bottle and a cage!:) I feel sorry for Mandy right now because she drinks very little but she is also in a new place so I can feel for her. I would be scared too.lol

BubuCandyBlue

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum and the learning process!

IluvePiggies

Cavy Slave
Thanks! Do you need any help with your piggies?

BubuCandyBlue

Cavy Slave
Thanks! Do you need any help with your piggies?
Right now? I could surely use some help cleaning the cage, because my husband is not home to give me a hand. That was a joke, don't take it bad.

IluvePiggies

Cavy Slave
I don't take it serouisly. I mean do you need any advice. there is a sight that I found where these people had a huge two floor C&C cage and she piled the bottom with newspaper and then put the bedding ontop. you oughta try sunseed bedding from Petsmart. its made from non-bleached recycled newspaper. one ton of recycled newspapers saves 17 trees. that means that you'll save a bunch of wild animals homes.

BubuCandyBlue

Cavy Slave
Thank you, Carefresh Ultra si made of paper too, and is better for the smell. Fleece works even better, with mattress pad under or towels, I have it on the upper deck. It is even easier to spot clean then paper, and saves even more trees.

MapleOwl18

Cavy Slave
If you like bedding try fleece with towels. You just run the washing machine with a detergant without scents or fabric softener. I love it and its cheap. My piggies get pretty dolphin fleece, striped fleece, Halloween fleece, Christmas, and they love it. (Yes Jo-Ann fabrics has many sales) I love how much better it smells than wood chips. Its easier to pick up to.

https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/bedding/21568-fleece-project-study.html

I have some pictures of my cage in my files. I use carefresh only for my hayrack/kitchen areas.

IluvePiggies

Cavy Slave
We decided to try this because it was cheaper and it is color-safe although it is purple........I wonder if I can find a picture on it from Petsmart.

P.S. I might be starting a thread asking if you need any advice or anything so keep a look out.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.