Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Project: Pet WAKK!

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
As some of you may know, I'm doing a Girl Scout Gold Award project here in Minnesota. What I'm doing is getting donations of supplies for a local humane society. I am also going to distribute flyers and plastic bags in the community, asking for donations (with help, of course). Once these are collected, then we'll begin sewing some pet caddies, which are just cloth bags. These will also be made by both myself and with the help fo volunteers.

Once completed, I'll fill each of these caddies with information on one "category" of pets: dogs, cats, small animals (mice, gerbils, hamsters, and rats), and rabiits/cavies. I'm including species-specific information inside each of these caddies (don't worry--I made discrepancies between the small animal types and guinea pigs/rabbits on the info). Also, I'm including information on spaying/neutering in the cat and dog caddies, as well as including informational links to go to in all the caddies. Along with all this, I'm going to put appropriate supplies into each of these caddies, and label it with the "category" it goes in.

What are these for, you ask? Well, these will be given out with an adopter, a thank you gesture for helping an animal in need. Any extra supplies or supplies that are too large to fit inside these caddies will be given directly to the humane society for use in their facilites. I am very excited about this project.

Later this year, in the summer, I plan on volunteering at this shelter and making C & C cages there to house their small animals. I may also sell cages in this shelter if there is enough demand.

Back on track, the website for my project is (broken link removed) if you are interested. If you would like more information, feel free to contact me at [email protected]. If you can donate supplies or help with caddy sewing, I would be very grateful! Just ask, and I'll tell you all about what you can do.

There is a supply list up [url="https://www.angelfire.com/ultra/projectpetwakk/donation.html"]here[/url] (click the buttons to get to the list you'd like to see), or there is a full one here.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Darn it, I wasn't fast enough to edit it. The website for my project is really:

https://www.angelfire.com/ultra/projectpetwakk. Sorry about the mistake!

thats awesome!!!!

Sounds brilliant! I really like the designs, I'm off to bed soon, so I only skim read the website. I'll read it properly tomorrow

Thanks for looking at it, Piglet and Auzziefreak!

I also have to thank cinn&sprinnslave for agreeing to send some supplies and sew some caddies. That's so awesome, and I just thought I should thank her here.

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
Yes, of course that's alright. :)

What a wonderful idea!!!

wow that is sooooooo cool mn. Thing that everyone should do that for their area. Its so awesom. Maybe I would do something like that once I get my site up and running and I can have special donations in my store. That is so cool. It deffinately will put a smile in every pets faces

Thank you, joab97 and AngelsCavies!

Update: copied flyers 1/24 and stapled them to bags yesterday (1/25). There are 500, as I'm not sure I'll have many volunteers to help. Oh well, I'll do them all myself if it comes down to it! I appreciate the thought and the kind words, thanks again!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.