Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Newbie on the site, long time cavy slave...

sealion

Cavy Slave
HI every one ! I'm so happy I finally decided to join you guys ! It's been a week since I found this site and read every thing, I love this site and thanks for all the usefull tips :cheerful: !
So, I LOVE guinea pigs ! I curently have 2 adorable girls :love: . I've had guinea pigs since I was 6, but only one at a time and they would live in a small store cage...
So, 2 years ago, when my second guinea pig died at the age of 4 and a half (RIP), I went 1 month later to buy (I know I know it's bad, but hey, if I didn't buy my guinea pigs, they wouldn't be here with me) 1 cavy, Rose, a gorgeous short haired gray and white girl. She stayed alone for 8 months, until I did some research and found out that cavys need to have a friend. So, in september, I bought from the same store a cute abyssinian cavy (I don't know how to spell it...) Lily, a black, brown and white girl.
My guinea pigs stayed in there small store cage for a year, but had plenty of floor time.
I decided to build a playpen for them to run in for floor time, so with the help of my neighboors, we built an awsome 21" by 48" wooden box with windows. We now use it as their cage (we put the store cage inside).
I'm going to go buy the grids today (I hope I find them) and put grids on the side of their wooden cage and put a second level for their bedroom.
And here's the best part : I'm going to adopt a girl in september :D I'm so happy !!! My mom agreed if it was an adult girl that wouldn't fight with my cavys. I can't wait !

I took some pictures of Rose and Lily with my webcam, but I don't understand how to put the pictures here...help please !!!
I'll also put some pictures of there new cage when it's done.

Last edited by a moderator:

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forums. I would love the pictures, but I'm not exactly sure how to post them up here, as I have a camera that likes to take long vacations in places that are usually called things like HidingLand where I never find them...so, alas, no pictures for dra. Anyway, I'm not sure how good your cage is for the cavies. I'm pretty sure it has enough space, but wood isn't good unless its treated in some sort of substance or something...Oh God I don't know what I'm talking about.
So..I'll just leave it at a: welcome.

sealion

Cavy Slave
Thanks 5guinea5pigs for the link :D i'll try tu put the pictures right away !
dra&pigs, thanks for your comment ! Yes, the wood has been treated and has been painted (the basse) with pet friendly paint :D
I didn't find the grids today, but I decided to take out the store cage and just leave the wooden box. It's looks much bigger and my piggys love it !

sealion

Cavy Slave
I tried putting the pictures, but I can't host my pictures because I took the pictures with my webcam and I can't seem to find them...

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave
Sorry I'm not the best person to ask for technology advice but;

Welcome to GPC! I'm glad your adopting and that your taking steps to bettering your guinea pigs life!

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave
You don't have any sides on the cage like grids to prevent Escaping?

[edit] Wait did you not just have a picture up with your cage or what? I totally just saw one but call me crazy....

sealion

Cavy Slave
oh yeah I deleted it accidently, but here it is again :D
They can't jump from there if they don't have a box or anything (not athletic XD) but I will get some grids as soon as possible... do they have some at the container stoor ?

sealion

Cavy Slave
Oh and by the way is there any way to delete this thread so I can start a new one and put the pictures etc. ??

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
You will keep this thread and you can continue to post your pictures here.

sealion

Cavy Slave
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.