Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Mites Best Treatment for Mites

Jealoushe

Cavy Slave
So, I am almost positive one of my pigs has mites. Her hair is falling out and she has a bald patch with scabs from scratching. I can pull her hair right off her body, and one of my other pigs now has a bald spot. I need to get this dealt with ASAP.

Please help me with the best and most effective treatments. Thank you so much!

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
Have you read Guinea Lynx :: Mange Mites ?

You need ivermectin. 3-4 doses, spaced 7 to 10 days apart. Do not use any over the counter sprays or shampoo.

NicholsS10

Cavy Slave
Take your pigs to the vet ASAP! I thought mine had mites recently, especially when I discovered that my boy pig was biting his back so much it became bloody. That's when i called up the vet and scheduled an appointment and brought ALL my pigs in, because you have to treat ALL of them. Well they didn't have mites, but they did have LICE. It was a very mild outbreak, the vet said it would have been a lot worse if I didn't disinfect the cage twice a week. I just finished their treatment and the change has been amazing.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.