Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Four female pigs w/lots of extras. N. MI

naturegal592

Cavy Slave
Well, I said I would never do this and here I am. I have 4 amazing girls that I love very much, I will start there. I have a daycare and my best family has two kids that are allergic to my babies. Day care's around here are not getting many calls these days so I have to choose the kids and my pay check. A girl I know was keeping them for me until we sell our house but I saw them last week and brought them home. She fed them but that is it, their nails are way overgrown and my silky has a mat on her bum that is almost as big as she is. So now I have a huge cage and the four girls in my upstairs that is too small as it is. I need to re-home them ASAP. There is a GP sanctuary in MI I will try to take them too if I don't find them a home within the next two weeks. I am willing to help transport them also, I just want them to be happy. I will separate them into pairs but would prefer they go together.

JennG

Cavy Slave
Have you tried keeping them in a separated room away from the daycare kids? If the kids don't have easy access to the piggies, that may help. Also, what are you using for bedding? What type of hay? I know a friend is allergice to Timothy (to the point where she'd be hospitalized for breathing issues for just transporting a sealed box of it to me). She does well w/ Orchard hay from Oxbow. Just a few thoughts.

naturegal592

Cavy Slave
Unfortunatly I don't have an extra room, the main level of my house is all open except for the bathroom and the upstairs is 2 bedrooms,1 bth. rm. and my computer space. I use orchard grass and have tried timothy too, at this point I am out of options. Thanks for trying to help though!

JennG

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry that you're having to rehome them. I can understand about the room thing. My mom's house is similar. I wish I was closer to help ya out. Good luck!

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
What's the sanctuary called? They said they would take them and adopt them out?

TwilightStar

Cavy Slave
I'm from Ohio But I'm interested...

sweetpigsrescue

Cavy Slave
These girls went to their new homes yesterday. I got an email from naturegal592 today. It was really hard for her to rehome them but they have found great new homes.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.