Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Flashbacks of my past dead cavies

T

Tiffcavylover

Flashbacks of my past dead cavies

Does anyone ever have flashbacks of a loved dead cavy? This happens to me all the time. Although I have moved on and bought new ones, I still miss my first gp Sammy. He had a great sense of humor and cracked me up. It's so hard to come by pigs like that. I also had another one named Autumn who was female and she was the sweetest thing ever. She loved to touch noses with people and was very effectionate. She was also going through some stress and had stillborn babies. I remember looking in that cage that morning and seeing her try to lick them clean and she looked at me as if there was no more hope. I cried like a baby all day. Some people thought I was crazy and laughed at me but I'm so glad that I've found this cavy forum to talk to other cavy lovers like me.

They died back in 2000 but to me the memories are still alive. I still look at thei photos to remind me of the good times we shared together. Sorry to talk like this but I needed to get this off my chest. :eek:

Attachments

IMG_0198.jpg

SuperCavyLover

Cavy Slave
Re: Flashbacks of my past dead cavies

Oh gosh yes, YES, YES, YES! Fortunately, I've only lost 2 piggies out of over 50 in my life, but those two piggies that died really had great pigalities and I miss them still.

Losing an animal, to me, is just like losing a family member or friend. You never get over it. :(

T

Tiffcavylover

Yeah, People just don't understand how important our animals are to us. They are just like family. That is why I can't stand people who are animal haters. There's no telling what they might try to do to them.

I was watching the movie Doctor Doolittle last night and my piggies heard the part in the movie when the guinea pig named Rodney sqeaked and they went crazy. They were all squeaking in a corus. It was the cutest thing. I guess I can watch that movie with them more often. They seem to like it.:rolleyes:

SuperCavyLover

Cavy Slave

I agree. I like some animals more than I do people :evil:
But seriously, animals are on this Earth with us, and it's not just <strong>our</strong> planet, it's their's too. More people need to respect animals.

Attachments

WEDNESDAYandVANEK.jpg WEDNESDAY.jpg 24357_416487045902_747660902_5580203_1796744_n.jpg 24357_416487050902_747660902_5580204_3915473_n.jpg
A

AngelicumCavy

I also agree, with more than a billion species of living things only us can take care of the others.
Just last saturdayI'mwatching aTV program that investigates DOG COOKERS, I saw how they kill those dogs by using different sorts of methods, I'am to cry and am as much hurt. So many people don't realize how this animals make us live at all.

A

AngelicumCavy

Here's a suggested linkfor this memorial topics: (broken link removed)

Rainbows Bridge is a virtual interactive memorial home for your departed fur baby.

Attachments

101E6009.jpg 101E6010.jpg
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.