Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pig likes to chew on towel...

Zanes

Cavy Slave
I don't know how to explain it exactly, so here is a picture:

When I first got Cinnamon I got her (although large) a store bought cage. So, to expand it, I've opened it up into a larger cage, and I put a towel over the old wire door-hatch thing that used to open up the store bought cage, so she wouldn't get her little feet caught between the wire when going up the ramp. But I've noticed lately she likes to chew on this towel and pull strings off of them and eat them. She's had her cage like this for months with no problems. What should I do to prevent this? Should I prevent it?

Zanes

Cavy Slave
Any ideas at all?

artcgirl

Cavy Slave
Place chloroplast over the door and zip tie down that way you don't need to use a towel.You won't have to worry about your piggy eating the towel anymore, Plus it with be easier to keep clean. :)

Zanes

Cavy Slave
Baw, that would be great! But I don't think we have any/are close to a place where we could buy some...what would be a good alternative?

artcgirl

Cavy Slave
Political signs are made out of chloroplast.
You don't have any Home depot's or hardware store near were you live?
because the usually carry chloroplast or corrugated plastic.
You could use plastic floor tiling.
I wouldn't recommend cardboard but you could use a piece of a shower curtain if you double it up.

Hope that helps! :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.