Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Finally!

Butterscotch2

Cavy Slave
After many months of problems (such as where to get supplies and how to do this and that) I have finally finished Butterscotch's C & C cage! Her cage is in my room. After a while a figured out how to post pictures (thanks to some useful threads).
The Cage:
My baby's cage is a 2 x 4. I made it big enough so I could get Butterscotch a friend. I used zip ties, coroplast, and cubes (of course). I also made a big storage space underneath the cage.
The Bedding:
For the bedding I used fleece on top and sewed a bunch of cloth diapers together for the bottom. I connected the fleece and diapers together with saftey pins so that I could un-hook them and make it easier to wash. To keep the fleece and diapers down I put velcro on the bottom layer and on the coroplast.
The Kitchen:
At first I taped two little litter pans together with tape on the underside and cut a huge hole in the middle. But then it became to messy because Butterscotch kept dragging out the Aspen. So I bought a big litter pan and trimmed down the top just enough so that the fiddle sticks could fit on it and be used as a ramp.

Here's a picture of the old set-up (I will have more pictures soon. And I hope this works. This is the first time I have attempted to attach a photo.)

Butterscotch2

Cavy Slave
pets_018.jpg
Okay, don't look at the attachment in my first post. It didn't come out as well as I thought. And I can't find the edit button for some odd reason. So I looked around more and found another way to post pigtures. This is the old set-up of Butterscotch's cage. I will post more, updated pictures soon. What do you guys think? Any suggestions on anything?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.