Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Can I use these?

Chinsandpiggies

Cavy Slave
Does anyone know if I can use plastic grids instead of the grid ones??(No lid by the way) Like these- INTERLOCKING SHOE ORGANIZER SHOE STORAGE RACK for 16: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

And is 2 x Coloured Correx 1220 x 813mm (yellow) reasonably priced at £17.50 inc. P+P??

Oh, and if you put a second floor in how is it supported??
And... Lol... Has anyone just covered the cage top with a sheet of mesh, so you can take it off really easily?
Thanks!! :D

BubuCandyBlue

Cavy Slave
The plastic won't let the air ventilate, so it is as bad as an aquarium I would say. If you don't like the grids with 9 holes, try mesh grids.

When you say second floor, it depends how you build it and how big it is, some need something underneath to sustain it (the big ones), some will stay without problems in the connectors (smaller ones). The photo galleries might help you.

DC Piggies

Cavy Slave
About supporting a second floor:
If you look at one of the flashing pictures on the home page, it looks as though the second layer is supported by pieces of wood that slide through the grid holes underneath the second floor.

auburnmare5

Cavy Slave
I don't know about the fact that they are plastic. I would be care ful with them though. Piggers can chew through plastic way easier than metal obviously. If these are the only options you have, get them. But if you can get traditional grids, go with those.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.